PINK GIN on Discovery 2 ?

9 hours ago, oscarshep said:

Hi,

My other half would like to know if pink gin is available on the AI on Discovery 2. We are sailing in July. Please, please someone tell me yes LOL

🍹

Jim

Not according to a long thread on this subject (on a different Marella D2 forum) a couple of weeks ago.

55 minutes ago, davecttr said:

If you want 'pink' gin just take one of those squirty fruit juice concentrates and squirt the flavour of your choice in the glass

That’s amazing Dave, I was thinking exactly the same thing an hour ago when I first saw this post.😯

as a  non gin drinker does pink gin taste any different to clear gin?

59 minutes ago, oscarshep said:

pink gin does taste different from clear gin

Agree it does taste different - but not for the better IMO; far prefer the sharp, crisp taste of a 'normal' gin.  Shame that your other half can't get what she likes though - I did see a post recently saying you could buy flavouring drops for gin on the TUI flight out to your cruise or cheaper/better ones e.g. rhubarb or violet flavour online.

We are going on discovery 2 end of June and I bought the flavourings from amazon for my sons girlfriend who likes flavoured gin, when I showed them at the weekend thinking that I had found a great solution they said that it would look suspicious someone putting a few drops from a bottle into a drink. When you think of it I suppose they are correct so not taking them and they will just have to sample them at home ( oh well the thought was there.)

It's a fad along with the enormous bulbous wine glasses they pour them in - and charge an arm and a leg for. Three years ago you would never have seen them on sale I do like Fevertree tonics though who seem to have done a deal with every gin company going 🍷These glasses are for red wine only 

Edited by Vitalsign