Our Cruise, In Depth

TechSurfer

5 hours ago, MrRandal said:

We were very underwhelmed with Marc's tour. I know a lot of people like it, but it was way too much time on the boat and Motu, and not enough time in the water. 

Thanks for the feedback. I am torn about a full day cruise as it would be nice to just have some time to relax....

We were ready to go back to the Paul Gauguin after about 3 1/2 hours. It's funny, because we also booked a 5 hour motu lunch tour in Moorea, through Miti Tours, for our after cruise stay at the Hilton. We were sort of dreading it after our experience in Huahine, but it turned out to be excellent, perfect balance between boat, snorkeling and motu. Plus the guides were amazing. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

@TechSurferHi! Sorry to dredge up an old post of yours but I was interested in knowing more about the PG diving tours as this would be very interesting for us.  I read about the diving program and such on the PG website but was wondering, are the tours mainly in the AM?, PM?, both?  Do they split one tank and two tank groups? Overall, how were the dive spots? 

Much appreciated!

Each dive was a one tank dive, everyone came back, then you went again on the second diving. 

It was really well organized, and the split up the groups well by experience/ability. 

Same dive spots that you would have gone to if you had booked it all privately, but going from the ship was sooo convenient! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aururab said:

Each dive was a one tank dive, everyone came back, then you went again on the second diving. 

It was really well organized, and the split up the groups well by experience/ability. 

Same dive spots that you would have gone to if you had booked it all privately, but going from the ship was sooo convenient! 

This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!! We are booked for 2023 and really looking forward to it! 

Edited by minidonuts85

• 7 months later...

The dive tours were an absolute blast, generally in the earlier part of the day.  The dive staff takes good care of you, good dive masters (one was a bit unpleasant, but other dive masters noticed and controlled it - bad morning perhaps?), and it's super-convenient just going down a few flights to the on-boat Zodiac dock.

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

The drift snorkel on Tahaa/Motu Mahana day  ..... is outstanding. On Moorea the snorkeling between the motus is solid as well as at the Aquarium.

Do you have to be an experienced snorkeled?  I’ve snorkeled in Hawaii but am more of a stay on top person and look down. Not so much diving in deep then clearing my mask type. ( maybe at 30 but not do much at 60). I consider my self a good beginner. Would I be ok on the drift trip?

Edited by Little Rascal
Typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

3. There is some good snorkeling at Motu Mahana. At the mouth of the reef entrance there is 'The Bowl'. you can approach the bowl by going to the right side of the lagoon until you get to the reef and then walking in parallel against the reef to the left until you get to the opening. A bit tricky to slide yourself around the corner but once there it's easy to sit and stick your head into 'the bowl' ….. big fish, lots of fish and octopus. Just don't walk on the reef 😉  Yes it takes a bit of effort but well worth it.

@Tahitianbigkahuna can you please show on the map where “the bowl” Is located? It’s not clear from your description. Thanks!

6DBAF722-D179-4821-9E05-03151C69EFC3.jpeg