Horizon Anytime Dining

Bases5

13 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Does anyone know what dining room is used for Anytime dining? 

It depends on the sailing date. Some sailings they will use the Meridian Dining Room, while other sailings will use the Reflections Dining Room.

• Like 1

So, my cruising crew of 7 just realized that we don't have any option other than anytime dining. Called Carnival, and was told that the "early and late dining" is not an option on our cruise (Sep 7). Both dining rooms are apparently being used for "anytime dining." Very unusual, at least in my 5 previous cruises with Carnival. There was just enough hesitancy in the operator's voice that I'll probably call back a time or two to confirm this. 

On our June 15th cruise we asked immediately once on board to not have late dining. We were assigned a 5:30 dining in the Meridian which was the aft and definitely the nicer of the 2 dining rooms in my opinion.

we had same table and same server however we found out we were actually considered “Anytime” dining.

on the 5th night I asked if we could please  come at 6:00 pm. Because we were not drinkers and we really did not want to sit and linger the Host agreed.

The extra 1/2 hour was great.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, Yayaof4andlovinit said:

On our June 15th cruise we asked immediately once on board to not have late dining. We were assigned a 5:30 dining in the Meridian which was the aft and definitely the nicer of the 2 dining rooms in my opinion.

we had same table and same server however we found out we were actually considered “Anytime” dining.

on the 5th night I asked if we could please  come at 6:00 pm. Because we were not drinkers and we really did not want to sit and linger the Host agreed.

The extra 1/2 hour was great.

This was similar to our experience. 

We didn't get assigned the usual 6 p.m. seating that we ask for on every cruise. 

I emailed Carnival a week prior and asked if we could have early dining. 

When we got our Sail and Sign cards, it said that we were assigned a 5:30 dining time and it had a table number in the Meridian Dining room.  We had the same wait staff every night but it seemed like people were in out and out at different times. 

The 5:30 dining time was too early for us- we needed that extra 30 minutes especially on the port days. We did ask our head waiter if we could come later. He said as long as we arrived by 6 p.m. that he'll hold the table for us.  

On 6/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, geoatl said:

So, my cruising crew of 7 just realized that we don't have any option other than anytime dining. Called Carnival, and was told that the "early and late dining" is not an option on our cruise (Sep 7). Both dining rooms are apparently being used for "anytime dining." Very unusual, at least in my 5 previous cruises with Carnival. There was just enough hesitancy in the operator's voice that I'll probably call back a time or two to confirm this. 

On 6/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, cocomango said:

This was similar to our experience. 

We didn't get assigned the usual 6 p.m. seating that we ask for on every cruise. 

I emailed Carnival a week prior and asked if we could have early dining. 

When we got our Sail and Sign cards, it said that we were assigned a 5:30 dining time and it had a table number in the Meridian Dining room.  We had the same wait staff every night but it seemed like people were in out and out at different times. 

The 5:30 dining time was too early for us- we needed that extra 30 minutes especially on the port days. We did ask our head waiter if we could come later. He said as long as we arrived by 6 p.m. that he'll hold the table for us.  

On 6/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, geoatl said:

If you do not have a huge table I would think anytime would be the best. We were a table of eight so needed a set time however we saw tables of six or less being seated right away. Rushing to get to “your time” wasn’t really fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yayaof4andlovinit said:

If you do not have a huge table I would think anytime would be the best. We were a table of eight so needed a set time however we saw tables of six or less being seated right away. Rushing to get to “your time” wasn’t really fun.

Thanks. We are also a table of 8. As it turns out, it was a glitch in the system. We're all booked for 6:00 pm "early" dining. 7:00 would probably be ideal, but that's not a thing. lol. We like having the same table and staff throughout the week. Creatures of habit. lol. Thanks. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, Watergal60 said:

I was just wondering what days are the Elegant Night on Horizon for an 8 night cruise?

Usually nights 2 & 7.  The worst night in the MDR, IMHO is night 3, in case you were interested in eating at Cucina del Capitano for 15.00 pp, which is a great value, especially with the tomahawk pork chop entree.

We just got off an 8 day Horizon yesterday- party of 6, with anytime dining. We were on deck 6 and assigned to MDR. I don’t think we ever checked in before 6:30/7- and one night at 8:45. We also never sat at the same table or had the same server twice, and we were not disappointed! We ate in MDR 4 times I think. Were NEVER disappointed!!! 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:44 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Usually nights 2 & 7.  The worst night in the MDR, IMHO is night 3, in case you were interested in eating at Cucina del Capitano for 15.00 pp, which is a great value, especially with the tomahawk pork chop entree.

I second this! Much value! We ate here on the last night and I said that had I known, I would have eaten there several nights!!!! The ambiance alone is worth it!