Booking Tours

twoboys

We will be on the Silver Whisper for the September 3rd cruise from Monte Carlo to Barcelona. We have reserved ship excursions in all of the ports except for Barcelona. We have been to Barcelona a couple of times so we are looking to do a day trip to Girona and  book on our own (and use our Chase points). According to the itinerary, the ship gets into port at 8AM . Will we be able to go on a tour that has a meeting time at 8:30? I know there are many Silversea experts in this forum. I woudl appreciate your knowledge and experience before I commit to anything. Thank you

Okay I found a tour that leaves at 10AM. Would 7PM be too late to get back to Barcelona for the final night of dinner on the ship? IS there anything special the last night? We like to eat at 8-8:30Pm when we travel, so I am not worried about having a late dinner. But since we have never been on a Silversea cruise, I wanted to double check. Thank you in advance for your advice.

12 minutes ago, twoboys said:

Okay I found a tour that leaves at 10AM. Would 7PM be too late to get back to Barcelona for the final night of dinner on the ship? IS there anything special the last night? We like to eat at 8-8:30Pm when we travel, so I am not worried about having a late dinner. But since we have never been on a Silversea cruise, I wanted to double check. Thank you in advance for your advice.

7pm is perfectly ok to get back, and there is nothing special about the last night, it’s almost always casual.

• Like 1

Twoboys, that timing sounds perfectly fine to me as well.

Not to try and change your plans, but curious why you've chosen a day in Girona (have never been) over Barcelona (have been a few times and would happily spend more time there). Translation: I am really being lazy, and want to know whether Girona needs to go on my list!

Also, there are reasonably fast trains every hour or more from Barcelona to Girona. The train station is an easy Metro ride from most anywhere in town. If you wanted to DIY, it seems like it would be easy, and then you'd not be tied to someone else's timetable. Just a thought. 

Edited by jpalbny

We love Barcelona but we like to got to new places if we can. Girona was of interest due to the Jewish history.  We have a bunch of Chase points so we thought it would be nice to use them  and make it easy with a guided tour. The last time we were in Barcelona, we did everything ourselves.We may choose Monserrat instead because people seem to love it

Sounds great - a guided tour (or anything else vacation-related) for free is always a good option, especially when the timing works. Enjoy whichever you decide! And thanks for your quick reply.

Edited by jpalbny

On the last night they usually have the "Capt's Farewell" with a parade of the crew & show a photo montage of candid photos of passengers.  Certainly nothing you must be there for.

Maybe you could score reservations to the Roca Brothers restaurant in Girona if you decide to go there.  Start trying early!

• Like 1