Which insurance to use? Uk based.

Simbamax

Hello.Ā 

I am uk based and going on the Celebrity Scandinavian cruise soon.Ā 

Never been on a cruise before.Ā 

Unsure which company/travel insurance to use or where to start looking!Ā 

Thank you.Ā 

Ā 

You would be best looking at insurance comparison websites such as compare the market.com, confused.com, money saving expert., etc.

Different insurance companies will suit different people according to age, medical etc.

Some names are Insure and Go, the Post Office, Admiral, Flexicover, Liverpool Victoria.Ā  I've been looking for cover myself recently and apparently Tesco and the Halifax don't do travel insurance any more.

• Thanks 1

We've mainly used Staysure or Insure and Go, because of various medical problems, and age, which some of the other companies didn't cover. We've had to ring and tell them about changes to medication or other treatments we've had... if you don't, then they can refuse to cover your expenses if you need them when you're away. For instance, my GP thought it would be wise for me to start taking statins, so we had to ring the insurers- they added more money for covering that.

If you've not got any on-going medical concerns, then I'd go by the price comparison sites mentioned by Ray.

• Thanks 1

Whichever one you choose, make sure you are actually familiar with the T&CsĀ  and will be covered for everything you need and want. Definitely make sure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect your cover, and if unsure about any aspect call them and get confirmation before buying the insurance.

• Thanks 1

Cheaper cover is often cheaper for a reason. Ā Check it includes cruising and some cheap covered excludes personal belongings which includes lost/stolen Passports. Ā Replacing them abroad can be very expensive.

Ā 

Ā 

We generally use LV as they are a decent price and ask specifically if the holiday is a cruise,Ā so you know you are covered. Ā Santander use the same web quotationĀ engine and also ask about cruises.

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1