Meraviglia YC - no chocolate drinks/gelato included, correct?

luvavacation

After raving about Yacht Club, and the frequent trips my family took to the Venchi for anything chocolate, and the gelato stations, friends have decided to join us on a Meraviglia cruise, which my family booked last winter for January, 2020.  Our previous MSC cruises were Seaside and Divina, in Yacht Club.  We, including our friends, are previous Disney Cruise Line "cheerleaders", (and have all sailed on Carnival, NCL, and RCL, too)  but for less than what we pay for an inside cabin on DCL, we can do Yacht Club on MSC, well, let me say that my family enjoys the YC treatment and will willingly give up the amazing crew at DCL for the MSC Yacht Club experience!

Getting together with our friends this weekend.  Thought I should come and read up on any new changes to MSC before we meet with our friends to finalize plans. It's been awhile since I checked what's new on MSC, but surely, I must be confused, because I am reading that the chocolate martinis, milkshakes, coffees, and gelato are no longer included for YC guests.  I realize that Venchi is not on Meraviglia, that it is a different chocolatier, but still, we were looking forward to our chocolate visits and gelatos!

Also, I am reading that Ocean Cay may not be completely finished, and in fact, it appears to be confirmed that the YC section will not be ready at all.  Also, the food on Ocean Cay is not included.

Is this all true?  

We will probably still do this trip, and have a great time with our friends, but I want to be sure I don't disappoint anyone that is expecting an evening walk to the chocolate shop for a chocolate martini and a gelato chaser, and access to a quiet area with cabana on the private island, as an included perk.

Edited by luvavacation
spelling

With regards to Ocean Cay Marine Reserve, MSC has reversed course with regards to food there. The Seekers Buffet is now complimentary. The other venues still have charges. 

The YC section isn't slated to be open till February - that's been fairly well publicized for a while now.  There's still speculation about what it will include - but the general counsel seems to be the YC section will have no extra charges, ie food included, drinks included. Remains to be seen obviously.

• Like 1

That is correct. We were on Meraviglia in YC April 2018. As others have stated in place of Venchi, there is Jean Philippe chocolate and cafe. Neither gelato nor the specialty chocolate drinks etc.  were included as part of the YC. We did have gelato on Seaview from Venchi when we were on in YC in April 2019.

17 hours ago, reedprincess said:

With regards to Ocean Cay Marine Reserve, MSC has reversed course with regards to food there. The Seekers Buffet is now complimentary. The other venues still have charges. 

The YC section isn't slated to be open till February - that's been fairly well publicized for a while now.  There's still speculation about what it will include - but the general counsel seems to be the YC section will have no extra charges, ie food included, drinks included. Remains to be seen obviously.

Is the Seekers Buffet only for YC or for the rest of us aswell? 

I have been trying to find these Ocean Cay answers as well. 

I am sailing on Meraviglia in March '20.  In the "Enhance your cruise" section, and under "Add beverages", there is an "OCEAN CAY ISLAND ALCOHOLIC PACKAGE".  When I open it to expand the details, it states :"Not available for MSC Yacht Club Guests".  I took that as a good sign that beverages will be included for YC guests on the island.  The same holds true for the N/A Ocean Cay drink package.  There used to be an option to pre-purchase the island buffet (which also said not available for YC guests), but I can't currently find it.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Chib said:

There used to be an option to pre-purchase the island buffet (which also said not available for YC guests), but I can't currently find it.

That's because MSC has decided that there won't be a charge for the buffet for anyone.

So for clarification, for YC folks, will the Martinis be included down there like on board Seaside (covered by Prem Bev) and what about the specialty coffee that Venchi used to do, where does that fall with JeanPhilippe?

Edited by SailBreakaway