Calling all jazz cruisers

wwcruisers

10 hours ago, hattack said:

I notice no Key West as Port of Call due to an embargo for large cruise ships...where is your hubby going to get his Key Lime Pie fix ....lol  

LOL Hattack (SO good to hear from you, BTW) -- funny thing about the Key Lime Pie. My DH and I went to Key West, a few times -- back when we were MUCH younger (and before the cruise ships ever came to town). So, we actually have an authentic Key Lime Pie recipe. Since neither one of us is fond of pumpkin pie -- we just incorporated Key Lime Pie as part of our traditional  Thanksgiving dinner -- years ago. Thank Goodness that we can find Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice here on the West Coast!

Oh, and ECP just announced that Kirk Whalum will be returning to the SJC line-up -- for the two cruises following ours. I would LOVE to hear Kirk again (as well as Richard Elliot) -- BUT -- we have George Benson and David Sanborn on our cruise (so we can't get greedy! 😉)

Edited by wwcruisers

it's OK to be "Greedy " about missing our favorite form of  "Therapy "  during the CV 19 Public Health scare ...it actually makes us appreciate how lucky we are to look forward to the beginning of 2022 and a Smooth Jazz Charter Cruise with our favorite Musicians 

ironically I'm working on a Proposal to present to my College  Alma Mater  Association to enter a Team in the March 2022 New Orleans "Hogs For The Cause " BBQ Cook Off to raise funds to support the Upstate New York Children;s Pediatric Centers for Children Cancer & Blood Disorders ( Sickle Cell )  Music Therapy Program and you have given me an idea about your Recipe for Key Lime Pie , the B2B2B Artists on the  Charter Cruise and our College  most famous Alumni whose 1st Radio Job was a DJ in Western Upstate New York spinning Smooth Jazz  on relatively new FM Format in the late 70's back when it was known as "The Quiet Storm " and wrote a best selling Book about BBQ 

Thanks wwcruiser...this Sunday morning I'll put Kirk Whalum's  "The Gospel According to Jazz Chapters 1-4 " on my CD Player and figure out how to link everything together 

BTW... did your DH know that Candy Dulfer wrote an Auto Biography (in Dutch ) "Sax, Candy & Rock N Roll " several years back that is no longer in print 

Hattack -- I can SMELL the BBQ from here in Western Washington, lol! Oh, and funny thing about that Key Lime pie recipe. Many years ago, my DH and I had the best pie EVER -- in a small restaurant, on Sanibel Island. We asked the chef if he could possibly bring himself to part with the recipe. He laughed uproariously and said: "It's right there on the back of the Nellie-and-Joe's bottle!" He DID caution us against 'over-processing the pie filling, if we used an electric mixer -- AND to add the Key Lime juice slowly (otherwise, you get chemically-curdled egg yolks). That recipe has never failed us! I hope that you can find a way to incorporate it into your fund-raising BBQ cook-off!😎

BBQ is like Gumbo & Potato Salad , everybody swears theirs is the best ..New Orleans "Hogs For The Cause " Festival www.hogsfest.org is the fastest growing Festival in New Orleans (draws over 150K) and the introduction of the BBQ Face Off has become a World Class Event with Teams from as far away as Japan with the goal to support Families Fighting Pediatric Cancer & Blood Disorders ...The New Orleans Bands are awesome ( remember Smooth Jazz Artists are not as embraced in New Orleans but I would LOVE to have one of Our favorites to perform here )..due to CV 19 they did not hold a Festival in 2020 and have cancelled 2021 , so hopefully 2022 will be back on schedule the last weekend of March so the timing is perfect following the B2B2B Smooth Jazz Charters 

wonder if I could convince ECP & Celebrity Chefs to have a Sunset Sail - A-Way from Port of Call BBQ & Lido Deck Concert and you can prepare your Key Lime Pie recipe 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Just now, TuggleRN said:

Since it's been awhile since anyone has posted, I hope everyone is safe and sound...

Just wondering if anyone going on the Smooth Jazz cruise "Back to Sea" sailing in Jan?  🎷🎷🎶

We are -- well, we HOPE we are, at least! Our last SJC (March'20) was canceled right as we were packing our bags for Florida. Hoping that this one really IS a 'Go'! Would not miss getting to see George Benson, for the world!🤩

Yeah...maybe we'll make it this time around! Made it to the Blue Note Jazz Cruise (Jan '20) just ahead of the pandemic craziness and was set to go in '21...It's been awhile, ready to see George Benson!

Hopefully, this Delta variant will calm down...Cause I'm ready to go!

7 hours ago, TuggleRN said:

Yeah...maybe we'll make it this time around! Made it to the Blue Note Jazz Cruise (Jan '20) just ahead of the pandemic craziness and was set to go in '21...It's been awhile, ready to see George Benson!

Hopefully, this Delta variant will calm down...Cause I'm ready to go!

Last time I checked the ECP website for our 'Back to Sea' sailing (January), there were still a hand-full of cabins available -- mostly outside, but a few inside. Everything with a balcony has been wait-listed for months. Oh, and no details about the lineup yet, but it looks official that Blue Note at Sea will be returning in Jan '23!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 7:55 PM, wwcruisers said:

Heads-up, Blue Note at Sea fans: It's coming back, in late January, 2023. Headliners listed are Chris Botti and Sheila E -- with lots of other talented folks. Stay tuned to ECP, as more details should be forthcoming, next month! 💖

We just saw Chris Botti again in Dallas, he was excellent, would consider this but all the suites are sold out. 

11 hours ago, George C said:

We just saw Chris Botti again in Dallas, he was excellent, would consider this but all the suites are sold out. 

George, I saw that. But, it's still early in the game. You might call them and see about getting on the waiting list. 🛳️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

George, I saw that. But, it's still early in the game. You might call them and see about getting on the waiting list. 🛳️

We need to wait to see when our rock and romance cruise is first we do this every year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Logged-on to a webinar yesterday, hosted by Michael Lazaroff, re: our upcoming SJC 'Back to Sea' cruise (Jan 24-31). They are requiring proof of full vaccination, plus a negative test done within 2 days of departure (X's requirements). However, once onboard, there will be no social distancing or mask mandates -- although anyone who feels more comfortable wearing a mask may do so. They are trying to achieve as normal experience as is possible, during the Smooth Jazz Cruise. Since the traditional Jazz cruise is the week before ours, hopefully, any kinks in the process will be worked out, by the time we board!🤞🎼

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted this elsewhere, but it also applies to this crowd.  Sorry to interrupt you guys, but I think this is important:

The Jazz Cruises group, part of the ECP charter company, made a VERY interesting statement on their Web site a couple of days ago that I completely missed, probably because I'm not sailing on any of those cruises.  Anyway, I'll quote their statement on the CDC recommendation re: cruise ships:

Today, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advised people “to avoid cruise travel regardless of their vaccination status.” With this announcement, Jazz Cruises has asked Celebrity Cruises to cancel its January 17 – 24, 2022, January 24 – 31, 2022, January 31 – February 7, 2022 and February 7 – 14, 2022 sailings. We are awaiting their response.

Please note that, at this time, those sailings have not been cancelled or rescheduled. As more information becomes available, we will advise you accordingly. We do not anticipate having any further information until after the holiday weekend.

(end quote; emphasis in red mine, emphasis in black in original statement)

What more can I say than stay tuned?  We're likely to hear more about this early next week.

Thanks for the heads-up, HB! We actually got an email from Michael Lazaroff (of the Jazz Cruises) to that effect. My guess is that he's trying to get out ahead of the storm, and avoid what happened to us in March of '20 (the last Smooth Jazz Cruise Sailing of the Year): The CDC pulled the rug out from under us and shut-down cruising on the day BEFORE we were to sail. ECP ended up with a lot of cruisers and talent stuck in the FtL/Miami area, with nowhere to go. So, if something like that is going to happen this year -- better to know it now, I guess.

Anyhow, will keep you guys posted on what develops. Also, anyone with news, please post. Thanks!

• Thanks 1