NCL Free Ferry

I want to cruise

12 hours ago, I want to cruise said:

Anyone know the exact location where the ferry drops off in St. George's? Have an excursion there and traveling with people who have mobility issues and wondered if we can walk to our excursion or if we may need transportation/

I don’t know why the tourism people don’t update their map but it is in the area of the map that says Penno’s Wharf and Hunter’s Wharf. Where is your excursion?

352FD43D-F958-4447-91CE-329039FCEAD2.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

3 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

The walk up Water Street to King’s Square can be a bit of a challenge for folks with mobility issues, so if your tour starts in the Square, consider a very short cab ride.

I am wondering what type of excursion they are doing in St. George's. I think in another post they mentioned a wheelchair.

30 minutes ago, I want to cruise said:

In Charles4545 map I see it. Looks like its between the wharf's you mentioned, It says Gas. So its very close. Thanks for everyones help>

Yep. Where it says Gas is Dowling’s Marine and Auto station. Very close. 

Edited by Charles4515

16 minutes ago, I want to cruise said:

You sound like you know the area. By chance do you know if we can walk it? We will be pushing 2 wheelchairs and can walk it if its not too far.

See the scale at the lower right hand corner of the map - easy walk.

1 hour ago, I want to cruise said:

You sound like you know the area. By chance do you know if we can walk it? We will be pushing 2 wheelchairs and can walk it if its not too far.

I know the area because I have taken the public ferry there and been on been on cruise ships that docked overnight at Pennos Wharf.  Walked by that marine station on the way to the town square a bunch of times. It is an  very short distance but it is uphill so pushing the wheelchairs if someone is in them probably depends on who is pushing. If they can walk short distances I would call the distance very short. You would be arriving practically next door. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

If you look at google maps you can get a street view of it.

I was there last Wednesday and from what I remember there is a narrow drive from the plaza in front of the World Heritage Centre that has a minor incline to the street from there is it pretty flat to the gas station.

The first picture shows the drive with the little fence in it, the second shows the road leading up to it and the third shows the other direction with the gas station just to the right of the pink building.

Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (38).png

Screenshot (39).png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ALS1214 said:

Does NCL have a free ferry to Hamilton as well?

how often do they leave the Docklands?

As the previous poster said there's no free ferry to Hamilton . Here's a link to the public ferry schedule. Take the Blue Route to get to Hamilton: http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer Ferry Schedule 2019.pdf

You can also take the public bus to Hamilton, but it's about a one hour ride and the buses haven't been very reliable recently. Here's the schedule. Routes 7 and 8 run to Hamilton: https://www.gov.bm/sites/default/files/Bus-Schedule-May-2019.pdf

2 hours ago, imacruiser99 said:

or one of the mini-buses at the end of the dock

Mini buses normally go to the South Shore beaches, Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Long Bay. The only way one would go to Hamilton is if you had enough people going there to fill a bus.

2 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

Is there a schedule posted somewhere for the NCL ferry? Planning our first time sailing NCL. I didn't see anything on their website, other than their excursion, which is a huge ripoff!

They will give you the schedule onboard your sailing. I copied a schedule that was from a sailing in May that someone posted which I will post but I can’t guarantee that is the schedule they will run on your sailing. It will give you an idea for planning. 

Monday

depart Dockyard 9am, 11:15am, 1:30pm

depart St. George's 10am, 12:30pm, 3pm, 5:15pm

Tuesday

depart St. George's 10am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm

Wednesday

Thursday