Greek Islands

sb44

22 hours ago, beachtrl said:

When in Santorini you should really consider having a lunch/wine tasting at Venetsanos Winery. The food, wine and most of the view from their restaurant patio was awesome. 

europe 30.jpg

Looks beautiful.  We have a guide scheduled and I'll as him about this as we have "local lunch" on the schedule.  These suggestions will all go help make this a wonderful trip!

10 hours ago, Traval said:

When in Gythion you simply must visit Mystras. This is a very old Byzantine walled town inland from Gythion.

You drive across the plains of Laconia and through Sparta---so much history here.

Mystras itself is absolutely fascinating with its beautiful churches full of icons. We did the ship's tour but you may find a local guide to take you.You definitely need a guide to get the best out of this area.

We went in July and it was VERY hot but so worth it.

We actually have a guide but had planned to go to the Caves of Diros.  Some people love churches and then there are the crazy ones like me who love caves. The highlight of my New Zealand adventures were the glow worm caves.  Of course there will be other stops along the way but the caves are right up there!

Did you go to Waitomo or the glow worm cave in Te Anau? Caves are not really my thing but I did enjoy the visit to Te Anau.We've been times to NZ but somehow have always missed Waitomo.

4 hours ago, Traval said:

Did you go to Waitomo or the glow worm cave in Te Anau? Caves are not really my thing but I did enjoy the visit to Te Anau.We've been times to NZ but somehow have always missed Waitomo.

We went to Te Anau. Beautiful country and people. Would love to return.