Virgin Gorda Baths & Snorkel

Tenn/cruiser

Celebrity offers this excursion but states there is a 300 yard swim to get to The Baths. Has anyone done this one?  I'm a good swimmer but 300 yards seems like a long swim. The pictures of catamarans anchored at the Baths don't look that far away.

We have not made the swim into shore from the mooring field so cannot help. My only comment would be about the sea conditions, we have seen others swim in and lay exhausted on the beach, but the conditions were very rough with undertow so that may not be typical...I’m sure others can give you more positive reports...

Edited by blue_water

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

We have not made the swim into shore from the mooring field so cannot help. My only comment would be about the sea conditions, we have seen others swim in and lay exhausted on the beach, but the conditions were very rough with undertow so that may not be typical...I’m sure others can give you more positive reports...

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We swam in once - about 10 years ago and wouldn’t do it again. As others have said if the water is rough or the under tow is strong the swim can be exhausting. We went again with Celebrity this past week - took a ferry to Virgin Gorda then a safari taxi to the beach. The walk through the Baths was fun but strenuous. The snorkeling was good right off the beach. Fish are swimming around you as you walk in the beautiful, incredibly clear water. 

• Like 1