WALT DISNEY MUSEUM IN SAN FRANCISCO?

Has anyone visited the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco?  

How did you get there from the Port?  What transportation did you use?

We will be in S.F. in Oct. and since we have been there many times, I was looking for something new.

8 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

Has anyone visited the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco?  

How did you get there from the Port?  What transportation did you use?

We will be in S.F. in Oct. and since we have been there many times, I was looking for something new.

It's not very far from the pier to the Presidio where the Walt Disney Museum is located (about 3.5 miles); the fastest way to get there would be either by taxi or Uber/Lyft. You could also take the Muni from the pier to Embarcadero Bart and then take the free PresidiGo Shuttle.  Details are at this website: https://www.presidio.gov/transportation/presidigo

Thanks DUTRAVEL.  Since my husband uses a mobility scooter we will call for a taxi or Uber/Lyft to go the short distance.

Is the museum worth a visit?  Since we have all day (7 a.m.-11 p.m.) do you have any other suggestions?

2 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

Thanks DUTRAVEL.  Since my husband uses a mobility scooter we will call for a taxi or Uber/Lyft to go the short distance.

Is the museum worth a visit?  Since we have all day (7 a.m.-11 p.m.) do you have any other suggestions?

If you are at all a Disney fan, the museum is worth a visit. If you are a Star Wars fan, you can visit the Yoda fountain and Lucasfilm Headquarters lobby which is about a 15 minute walk. You will be pretty close to the Golden Gate bridge if you want to take another Uber to Fort Point National Historic Site and walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.

Assuming you have already been to Alcatraz, you could take the ferry to Angel Island or Sausalito or an excursion to Muir Woods.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, CRUISEWITHH said:

Yes,,,  take a taxi   the museum is excellent  allow 3 hours  to see all exhibits... and  pay extra to see the  history of Mickey Mouse     They have a store and not bad restaurant.      Be  aware that the museum is NOT part of  the Walt Disney company   and  was built by Walts family.  so no Disney store things

Steer clear of public  transport because of  bums  and druggies hang there....     Lots of potential problems down town  but the Presidio  is pretty clean and safe.

8 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

3 hours  to see all exhibits

Just was there this past weekend. 3 hours might be a little agressive-- I spent about 1.5 but I tend to move through museums quickly. Agree that the Mickey Mouse exhibit is quite good and worth the extra $10 to upgrade the ticket. 

18 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Yes,,,  take a taxi   the museum is excellent  allow 3 hours  to see all exhibits... and  pay extra to see the  history of Mickey Mouse     They have a store and not bad restaurant.      Be  aware that the museum is NOT part of  the Walt Disney company   and  was built by Walts family.  so no Disney store things

Steer clear of public  transport because of  bums  and druggies hang there....     Lots of potential problems down town  but the Presidio  is pretty clean and safe.

Thanks for the info and the suggestion to pay extra for the history of Mickey Mouse.  We will be sure to do both.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, CRUISEWITHH said:

Yes, the Disney Family Museum is worthwhile and I find just about everything else in The Presidio fascinating too from The Officer's Club, The Parade Ground, The Korean War Memorial and more. I can spend a whole day there.