Cruise Critic Community
Azure Moon

Add/Subtract my signature when replying

Hello.  When I reply multiple times on a thread, how do I turn off my signature so it doesn't appear in every post I make in a thread?  Having it appear in one or two submissions is fine, but every reply in one thread is a bit much.  I think there used to be an option on a reply box that you could click to keep your signature from appearing.  Thank you!

Yes there was. You had the option with each individual reply to show your signature or not. I liked that feature as well.  I am not aware of anything like it now.  

@CC Help Jenn is this feature something that could be added?  Thanks. 

It is actually not something we have on our to do list.  I hadn't really thought about it since the actual signature is condensed unless you choose to expand it.

9 hours ago, Azure Moon said:

Hello.  When I reply multiple times on a thread, how do I turn off my signature so it doesn't appear in every post I make in a thread?  Having it appear in one or two submissions is fine, but every reply in one thread is a bit much.  I think there used to be an option on a reply box that you could click to keep your signature from appearing.  Thank you!

So if someone wants to check your sig on page 150, they will have to go back to find your first post or two? If you find your repeating signature bothersome, you could reduce it to something less visible.

Thank you for remembering and liking that feature as well, Turtles06!   I would love for them to think about adding it in future, too, thanks for asking about it. :classic_cool:

CCHelpJenn, thank you for letting us know it's not on the to-do list currently.  I hope you will consider bringing it up for consideration, though.  The signature is condensed, but it does seem unnecessary on every post in a thread.

broberts,  thank you for bringing up that point.  I think if someone wanted to see someone's signature later on in a long thread, the person could click on the member's name and see the person's signature without needing to go back through previous posts.

11 minutes ago, Azure Moon said:

broberts,  thank you for bringing up that point.  I think if someone wanted to see someone's signature later on in a long thread, the person could click on the member's name and see the person's signature without needing to go back through previous posts.

The website does not currently display user signatures on a user profile page.

Thanks for that information, broberts!   A lot has changed during my time away from Cruise Critic - some for the better, some not.  :classic_smile: