Dairy Free Option

ishap

We will be cruising on the Horizon in October and the Mardi Gras in August next year.  My wife loves Chai Latte, however she is dairy free.  Does anyone know if the coffee bar has almond milk or cocunut milk for their lattes?

Almond milk is available, along with soy milk, just tell them your preference. For those only avoiding lactose they have Lactaid but that sometimes the carton has to come up from the galley or ship stores so request it to be kept on hand on embarkation day if a frequent visitor to the coffee bar or Java Blue. 

Contact the line in advance.  For all items (but particularly perishable items) they try to balance meeting the needs of their customers and avoiding throwing out items as waste.  If they know in advance for a fact they are going to have someone who will be wanting coconut milk in their latte, they are going to be more likely to stock it with sufficient quantity.  Ships don't always accommodate 100% of every customer's requests but they do seem to make an effort if you give them enough notice.    

They do not have coconut milk like you would find in the carton's at home. Instead, it is the canned version that is most often used for cooking. My son is dairy free bc of an allergy to all dairy (cooked and raw) and we have made special requests through guest services. I would contact them to make sure your wife is registered with the ship. In the main dining room, they will have her order the night before, to ensure that her meal is prepared properly. They may even be able to make non-dairy baked desserts (if that is a concern) for her. They have done brownies and cookies for my son. We have never asked for anything more complicated.

Also note that the steakhouse serves sorbet. We have asked them to bring that to the MDR for my son and they do that every night. There are a variety of flavors available. My son prefers the mango, but has also been served raspberry, lemon, and orange on past cruises.

Happy to answer any questions based on our experiences.

dctravel