Post Excursion Beach Time

BAJust

We will be in Cozumel in a couple of months.  We've booked an excursion that should wrap up about 4 or 5 hours before the ship leaves the port.  Anybody have some good recommendations as to where/how we can get some good beach time after we get done but before we get back on the boat?  Not wanting to wander too far off but am willing to spend a few more dollars.

So what ship are you on?  Which pier?

Most beaches close around 5PM Cozumel time, so if your ship is departing around 4-6P, you should have plenty of time to hit any of the Western beaches.  Taxis are reasonably priced and plentiful. If leaving later, say, 8-10PM, you might not have the time to enjoy a beach.

Look into Mr. Sanchos, Playa Uveas, Paradise Beach.

I will be on Carnival Dream.  This will only be my third cruise so I'm not sure which pier it is.  We are doing the "Save a Sea Turtle" excursion that is supposed to be 4 hours starting at 10:00.  The ship is at Cozumel until 6.

The Dream docks at Puerta Maya, closest pier to southern beaches on the West side..  Fortunately, until November Cozumel and New Orleans are on the same time.  You will most likely have to be back on board around 5:30P if not earlier. The nesting areas are on the Eastern "Wild Side" shore.  I think there's a stop at El Cedral Maya village on the return. Not a lot to see there but if the guide will permit it and you can find a taxi, you can either back track a couple of kilometers and go to Playa Palancar or continue on up the West side a few kilometers and stop at either Playa Mia or Paradise Beach.  Then catch a taxi back to the ship from there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BAJust said:

I will be on Carnival Dream.  This will only be my third cruise so I'm not sure which pier it is.  We are doing the "Save a Sea Turtle" excursion that is supposed to be 4 hours starting at 10:00.  The ship is at Cozumel until 6.

Carnival Dream should dock at Puerta Maya. Save a turtle will take you to the east side. If this is through the ship you will be brought back to pier and would need to take a taxi to a beach, as suggested by Crew or, Money Bar would be closest but man- made sand area with lounger- ironshore so no real beach but good for snorkeling. 

If you have booked tour with independent or private driver you could get dropped off at west side beach without returning to pier and then taxi back when you have finished.

Take a look at Google maps and you will see  the places and route.

I have never docked at Puerta Maya but believe there may be a small sandy “area” at the port with loungers.

• Like 1

Get dropped off or taxi to the Money Bar - no admission fee, good facilities, good food, drinks and service. No real beach, it is iron shore and you enter the water via steps, and offers okay snorkeling from the shore. Sandy areas and lots of loungers and tables. Taxi back to the port will be about $12+ tip.