Returning to Carnival on the Miracle

We've sailed a few times on Carnival but that was a long time ago.  I like the itinerary offered on the Miracle next year ... have a few questions for the experts out there:

- We have a choice of cabin 5241 or 5243 - premium balconies, obstructed view.  Is one any better than the other ... in terms of usable space and noise from the corridor?  

- Is the Miracle in decent shape or is beginning to show her age?  

- I see that Carnival only allows 2 bottles of wine to be brought onboard during embarkation.  Do they have wine bottle packages that can be purchased at a discount?  Does anybody have a copy of their current wine list they are willing to share?  

Also, are there any happy hour events that we should know about?  

- Is the internet service / WiFi any good on the Miracle?  Do they have any unlimited WiFi packages available?  

I will just look up the policies on the dress code and smoking areas on my own ... just looking for personal experiences of all the experts here.  TIA

I sailed on Miracle in cabin 5243 in 2017.  While the deck plans show 5241 and 5243 as the same floor plan and layout, 5243's floor plan is actually like what is shown in the Miracle deck plan for 6279.  I thought that floor plan was better than 5241, with the door to cabin off the small hallway with vanity, vs. door directly into cabin like 5241.

Enjoy!

We were on in November, wifi was very good, as good as at home.  We had the cheapest package and no problems uploading pictures to Facebook and WhatsApp. The $5 per person to chat through the Hub App was worth it to our group. 

Red Frog Pub had a happy hour special a few times, it was the $20 pitcher drink for $10.

As far as condition, there were some signs of age, but nothing that would stop us from booking again. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, EarloftheSeas said:

I sailed on Miracle in cabin 5243 in 2017.  While the deck plans show 5241 and 5243 as the same floor plan and layout, 5243's floor plan is actually like what is shown in the Miracle deck plan for 6279.  I thought that floor plan was better than 5241, with the door to cabin off the small hallway with vanity, vs. door directly into cabin like 5241.

Enjoy!

Thank you for that feedback ... just what I was looking for.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EarloftheSeas said:

My pleasure.  The Youtube video below is how I confirmed the different layout than what is shown, before I sailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDk-f2Yv08

Perfect ... thanks so much.  I imagine this cut down on any hallway noise, as well.  

Sailed Miracle a few weeks ago. I thought she was in decent shape, but heard complaints from others in our roll call they thought she was showing her age. I didn't think so. Three in our group had wi-fi, one had social, one the medium plan, and another the premium.  It was much better than I expected.  There were a couple of times things wouldn't load, but it resolved quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Cruise Raider said:

We've sailed a few times on Carnival but that was a long time ago.  I like the itinerary offered on the Miracle next year ... have a few questions for the experts out there:

- We have a choice of cabin 5241 or 5243 - premium balconies, obstructed view.  Is one any better than the other ... in terms of usable space and noise from the corridor?  

- I see that Carnival only allows 2 bottles of wine to be brought onboard during embarkation.  Do they have wine bottle packages that can be purchased at a discount?  Does anybody have a copy of their current wine list they are willing to share?  

- Is the internet service / WiFi any good on the Miracle?  Do they have any unlimited WiFi packages available?  

I will just look up the policies on the dress code and smoking areas on my own ... just looking for personal experiences of all the experts here.  TIA

Just curious - what is it about an obstructed view balcony that makes it a " premium balcony"?

11 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

Just curious - what is it about an obstructed view balcony that makes it a " premium balcony"?

It is an obstructed view because the lifeboats come up halfway between the floor and rail of your balcony so you can't really see right down at the water.  It is considered a premium balcony because the size of the cabin is so much larger.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gr8DanesMom said:

Hi!  Just curious, did you book the Journeys cruise on 3/2/2020?  My husband, daughter and I are booked on that cruise.  The ports look amazing and 17 days on a ship can’t be beat. LOL

No, we aren't booked until the fall of next year.  That Journey's cruise looks very intriguing, though.  

7 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

We are booked on the November 28th , 2020 cruise. Are you?

No .... it is an October sailing for a big birthday!  That is why the date is pretty much set in stone.  Otherwise, those Journey's cruises sound pretty amazing. 

On 6/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Cruise Raider said:

We were just on the Miracle.

I thought the shipe was in good shape. Every ship ha its pros and cons. 

Internet was on and off for us. 

• Thanks 1

We are booked in a handicap cabin for a 2020 Hawaii cruise that Access says may not be accessible by the time we go. They are saying that there will be new fully accessible cabins they will move us too. They won't commit to  the timing of the change, but this confirms there will be a revamping of the ship as others on the Carnival forums have said.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

We are booked in a handicap cabin for a 2020 Hawaii cruise that Access says may not be accessible by the time we go. They are saying that there will be new fully accessible cabins they will move us too. They won't commit to  the timing of the change, but this confirms there will be a revamping of the ship as others on the Carnival forums have said.

Well, that explains why a cabin I had previously booked was not available for my Hawaii sailing.  She kept telling me it was an accessible cabin but I was told differently last year.  I get it now.  

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Well, that explains why a cabin I had previously booked was not available for my Hawaii sailing.  She kept telling me it was an accessible cabin but I was told differently last year.  I get it now.  

I am curious....which cabin number was that? The one we are booked in now is considered an Ambulatory Accessible , but because of the wider doors, it will work for our fully handicap needs.  Strangely they are supposedly making the doors narrower for these type cabins. Seems like a lot of trouble to make a cabin less useful.😕

Edited by Tinknock50