Ecstacy

yankeenurse

• 4 months later...

We will all arrive in Jax the night before. We are staying at the airport Marriott and  Hampton Inn.

There are 17 of us and we are so excited. My daughter-in-law is nervous about the kids going to carnival camp. How can we reassure her that they will be safe?

9 hours ago, Mliddon said:

We will be on the Christmas Cruise as well.  Any idea if they do anything special for Christmas Day?  Also, we are for Jax if you have any questions about the area for pre-cruise fun!!!!

There's an ugly sweater contest, they have caroling, they do a special show. They've got the Grinch stuff going on too.

It's lots of fun, I love Christmas cruises, and usually everyone is in a great mood so that helps. 

5 hours ago, yankeenurse said:

We will all arrive in Jax the night before. We are staying at the airport Marriott and  Hampton Inn.

There are 17 of us and we are so excited. My daughter-in-law is nervous about the kids going to carnival camp. How can we reassure her that they will be safe?

17 of you? That's going to be awesome I bet!

I haven't brought any kids yet to use the kids camp, but I know people who have, and the kids love it!

She needs to rest assured they are in good hands,  this is what the camp people do.

Depending on the age of the kids,  they will have different activities, and if they have phones they should be able to get set up on the Hub messaging so they can still check in with mom.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, yankeenurse said:

I've had my 7 year old in camp, and it's totally safe.  The parent has to sign them in with a counselor, and you have to show your sail & sign card.  The same to sign them out, and they check the card.  So pretty much like any daycare where authorized persons have to show ID in order to pick up a child.  

I was nervous sending the first time, but it worked out really well.  Kids will be fine!!

On 11/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, yankeenurse said:

how old are the kids?      with the 2-5   and 6-8     there is a gate-  NO ONE is allowed through that gate.   except the kids in the program.      9-11 can sign them selves in and out of the program with your permission and need that permission to particiapate in scavenger hunts.    the older kids   12-14   and 15-17  tend to hang out.     Although on a cruise you are still sailing with strangers.  and some simple rules in place for those kids-  No going to any cabin for any reason.    no bringing kids to your cabin.    stay in public areas   (deck 5, 9 and 10 is where they should be)    and using a phone by the elevator to call the cabin when changing areas where they will be.    Camps are not opened 24 hours a day.    They close for meals.       they dont open until 10am  and close at lunch until 2pm     close at 5 for dinner    opens again at 7     becomes paid at 10pm.       you can pick and chose what you want to do