Casco Bay mail run in Portland

Mountaineer0313

On 6/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, chengkp75 said:

Buy them at Casco Bay Ferry terminal, on the Maine State Pier, next to the Ocean Gateway cruise terminal.

Note:

You have to buy tickets at the window.

The self serve kiosk doesn't have an option for mail boat run ($16.50).

Edit:

I paid the $16.50 (9/2019) and didn't get the paper placemat map of Casco Bay. 😞

Edited by fstuff1

• 3 weeks later...

Took the Casco Bay Mailboat last week. We were on the NCL Escape. Very short walk to the ticket office/boat.

Best deal in Portland!

2.5 hour boat ride with a few short stops on about 2 of the bigger islands. Great narration about the history of the area.

Buy tickets in the ticket office building/waiting room.

Adults $16.50 US and Seniors $14.50 US.

Boat holds 300 to 400 people so it is unlikely to be full unless there are a lot of ships in port.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, MEcruzr said:

Tickets TO the islands include your return trip to Portland... most people don't stay on the boat to return on the same run, but you can.

The website says "Round trip passage is defined as transportation to an island with return on a different boat." but are you saying that that is not heavily enforced?  I'd like to save the few bucks but I fear that my family might freak if they hear that they'll have to get back on a later boat.  I'd be willing to risk it, but I'd love to hear what others have experienced.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:27 PM, timolin said:

Took the Casco Bay Mailboat last week. We were on the NCL Escape. Very short walk to the ticket office/boat.

Best deal in Portland!

Glad you enjoyed it! I was in the waiting room around 9:30 and talked to several people from the Escape. 🙂

17 hours ago, Somesail_wecruise said:

The website says "Round trip passage is defined as transportation to an island with return on a different boat." but are you saying that that is not heavily enforced?  I'd like to save the few bucks but I fear that my family might freak if they hear that they'll have to get back on a later boat.  I'd be willing to risk it, but I'd love to hear what others have experienced.

Interesting... never heard that before. Let me check with a couple friends who work there... see what they say and I'll get back to you.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, Somesail_wecruise said:

Ok... I talked to a friend who works in the office there and he said yes, it's true. And there's a chance it could be enforced. Don't take the chance because there isn't another boat back to Portland that would get you to the ship before it sailed! Cliff is the last island out and they don't have many options. It could be hours before the next boat comes. So my suggestion to buy a RT ticked is BAD, bad, bad!!! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I won't ever suggest it again. LOL

• Like 1