cirque show with dinner

ranchette

Did you purchase the Cirque or get it as a promo?  On sailings where it was a promo I have not been able to choose date and time, on paid purchases you now can book the date and time although the online booking system is a bit wonky.  Otherwise they will all have to be done once on the ship.

I have the cirque show/dinner "booked" as part of a promo with my reservation.  As a YC guest, I don't want the dinner.  I'd prefer the show/cocktail option and will attempt to get that once on the ship.  If not, I won't attend this "freebie".  I am not a fan of Cirque shows anyway.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, rkacruiser said:

I have the cirque show/dinner "booked" as part of a promo with my reservation.  As a YC guest, I don't want the dinner.  I'd prefer the show/cocktail option and will attempt to get that once on the ship.  If not, I won't attend this "freebie".  I am not a fan of Cirque shows anyway.

The YC dinner is definitely better than that offered in the Cirque show.

You can't book a date and time 'til onboard the ship as the show schedules have yet to be determined.  Also, the schedules can change from cruise to cruise for a variety of reasons which is why you cannot pre-book a specific day or time.

On the US website you can now book both the Dinner+show or Cocktail+show for the date and time you want.  For my Meraviglia US sailings I'm given a choice of early 18:15 or late 22:00 and then pick the date from the calendar then check availability and add it to my cart for checkout.  It's only when included as a promo that I can't seem to schedule until on the ship.

13 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

The YC dinner is definitely better than that offered in the Cirque show.

Thanks for confirming what I have thought!  Somewhere, I found a dinner menu for one of the shows and I was unimpressed.

4 hours ago, Até said:

It's only when included as a promo that I can't seem to schedule until on the ship.

That's been my experience as well.  I asked my travel agent to attempt to make a booking for the Cocktail/Show time and she was unable to do so.

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

When we had the dinner show the dining section was only about half full and after the cocktail and show guests were allowed in after about 90 minutes there was still plenty of room in the show theatre/lounge.

I would hazard a guess at only about 70% full.

Sounds like I ought to be able to  book my Cocktail/Show package once I have embarked Meraviglia.  

On 6/23/2019 at 12:52 AM, rkacruiser said:

Sounds like I ought to be able to  book my Cocktail/Show package once I have embarked Meraviglia.  

Obviously cannot be sure but from past experience wouldn’t have thought that you would have any problems whatsoever.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 3:43 AM, thetaro said:

Is the show really worth paying? I watched YouTube videos of both shows and it's quite underwelming.

We had the dinner show included in a promo reservation.

Enjoyed the experience but on reflection pleased that we never had to pay for it.

Dinner is a very limited menu.

Certainly wouldn’t go again and pay for the dinner show the cocktail show maybe but doubtful.