6-20-19 Thursday Weigh-In....Summer Is Here (Well Friday)

Belle

Summer Fun.

Summer Food..

Summer Drinks..

Summer Guests..

Summer Cruises..

Summer Vacations..

Are We Ready?  How will you handle the eating? The drinking? The guests?  Cruises? Vacation?

Do you have a plan to exercise?  Do you plan to eat a certain way? Try not to eat certain foods

that are your summer trigger? What do you do about fixing guests food you don't want to eat?

Can you not eat it?

We need to watch our eating and exercise all year but summer can be harder. Have you made a plan?

I don't plan to have guests except for some days for lunch. I don't cruise till Sept. Exercise is my downfall.

So I hoping my eating will be ok during the summer.  Ice cream will be what I have to watch..to not eat to much.

Hope I've given you something to think about today. Be good from now(6-20) till after Labor Day (9-5) that day we all can say.....

I lost or stayed the same during the Summer.......and everyone can say didn't have a gain.

(but if have a gain, it will be smaller because you've been trying to lose, you've been aware) So don't use that as a excuse to stay away!

So a Happy, Fun Summer to Everyone!

S..Sleep

U..Up Early or Not

M..Music or Movies

M..Much Happiness

E..Exercise

R..Relax

F..Family

U..Under the Sun or Moon

N..Never Ending Days and Nights of Laughter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Belle -- Thanks for posting!!!!

I got the chance to weigh myself this morning and am very happy that I did ... Even with all the eating on Father's Day (had all the kids over) I am down 1.2# this week ... finally starting to see a loss again ... I am now down a total of 30.0# (Since the end of October) ... I am so very glad!!!

Hope everyone had a good week .... see you all Monday night or Tuesday morning!  Jan

• Like 4

Hi, everybody!

My first update, and I'm happy to say I'm down one pound since joining last Friday.  (Down 7 pounds since I started back in earnest on June 1!)

Belle, thanks for the food for thought - I don't have a lot planned this summer, but a few weekends will need some vigilance.  4th of July my sister and BIL are coming down, and I'll have to really watch the snacks.  Also going to Biltmore in August, again with my sister, for a concert and weekend visit.

I think I'm done with night-time meetings this week.  No more coffee, and hope to get my sleep back on track.  

Hope everyone has a great week!

Andrea

• Like 3

Hello,

Belle, I have been having the summer food and drinks you mention. I gained a 1 lb. this week. Too much eating out. Blah. 

Jan, great loss and awesome total. 

Andrea, good loss. 

Not much planned over the summer for us either. Traffic horrible, too hot outside. 

Have a good week everyone. Diana

• Like 2

Thank you Belle! Great job Jan and Andrea. Diana, luckily your gain was only a pound and you can get right back on track. I fell off the wagon on Saturday and had pizza 😳 It was soo yummy. I was able to still lose 1lb this week. I think that is because even with my one slip (the first in three weeks) I was diligent with keeping my carbs less than 30g per day. Since beginning Keto on May 31st I'm down 5.4lbs. My goal is 15lbs in the next 13 weeks. I will be starting my strength and conditioning tomorrow now that I lost the first 5 with nutrition only.

I don't have a lot planned this summer. My next cruise is September 20th!! 92 days.

8 hours ago, Belle said:

Summer Fun.

Summer Food..

Summer Drinks..

Summer Guests..

Summer Cruises..

Summer Vacations..

Summer Fun - I'm hoping to be able to walk without the boot by July 🚶‍♀️

Summer Food - NO MORE BOWLS OF ICE CREAM 

Summer Drinks - water, water, and more water

Summer Guests - none planned by the grands are over every day (so I have ice cream in freezer)

Summer Cruises - July 26 to August 9th

Summer Vacations - see above

Changed my avatar to the dog I'm babysitting for the next 12 months+. GS1 can't have him on his SF apartment and he won't graduate until next May. His BF can't have him in Boston and he's only completed 1 year of law school. So guess who gets him? Yep, grandma. He'll motivate me to get back to walking and is really sweet, so all's good 

• Like 1

I'm swamped this week, but still wanted to pop in and say hi!  I had a small gain this week - not really surprising since I've been busy but not exercising much.  Trying to make better choices.

Have a great week everyone 🙂 

• Like 1

Sounds like we had a pretty good week so far.

I  lost a pound. Happy.

Jan..Good loss. Have fun on your trip. (know missed you but still wishing)

Andrea..Good loss. Glad you can sleep with no phone calls to Hong Kong.

Diana..Know you will get it off. With the heat easier to eat out.

Jenny..Good loss.  Your doing good on Keto. ( I just try to do less carbs.)

Ombud..Did you mention before you had a boot. If so forgot. Hope your

getting along alright. Long dog sitting job.

Pac..Know you'll get the small gain off. Glad you came in being busy.

Now another weekend coming up to try to have fun but watch our food intake.

Easier said then done. Do you ever wonder why..even if we're home all week

and not working the weekend days seem harder?  Can understand if working.

because your free a few days.:classic_smile:

Well good luck to us all to get through the weekend and week to have a loss

next Thursday!

• Like 1

My weight started spiraling out of control when I fractured my ankle May 6th. I was BARELY  keeping it somewhat under control up to that point .... creeping up but escalated after that. 

Congratulations everyone on losses / 

I really envy you all with cruises coming up in the summer and fall.  December seems such a long way away for mine!!  But I will have a loooonng international flight, and I need to fit in that airline seat better.  Good motivation.

Jenny, congrats on your initial loss on keto.  When you say you are under 30 grams of carb, do you mean total or net (subtracting fiber)?   Just curious - I'm not on keto but am trying to limit carbs.  Mine are about 65-ish per day, but I get at least 25 grams of fiber.  That seems to be about as low as I'm comfortable with.  And when I get back to the gym, which I hope to do next week, I expect I will have a few extra pre-workout.

Diana and pacruiser, don't sweat the small gains.  It's a marathon, right?  

Jan, congrats, and have a great time in Iowa!

I'm excited for the weekend, and stocking up on good stuff to eat.  Nothing big planned this time, so should be able to stay on track!  

• Like 1

Great loss, cruise42!!!!  😊

I had a NSV yesterday - had ordered two tank dresses online, following their sizing guidelines, but have to send them back - too big!!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AndyB said:

Jenny, congrats on your initial loss on keto.  When you say you are under 30 grams of carb, do you mean total or net (subtracting fiber)?   Just curious - I'm not on keto but am trying to limit carbs.  Mine are about 65-ish per day, but I get at least 25 grams of fiber.  That seems to be about as low as I'm comfortable with.  And when I get back to the gym, which I hope to do next week, I expect I will have a few extra pre-workout.

Great question...Net carbs. Usually I track all carbs. I supplement "fiber" with miralax. I get 65% or more of my daily calories from Fat. I use my fitnesspal to track everything. For example this was yesterday's intake

calories = 2,125    Carbs = 26 (net 22)   Fat = 157 Protein = 151  Fiber =  4

Carbs = 4% Fat = 67%  Protein = 29%

11 hours ago, AndyB said:

Great loss, cruise42!!!!  😊

I had a NSV yesterday - had ordered two tank dresses online, following their sizing guidelines, but have to send them back - too big!!!

Love it! Losing inches is so rewarding 😁

Hi, all.   Sorry I didn't post on Thursday.   I had some appointments with my DH and totally forgot.   I stayed the same, so that is a bummer.  I am so close to final goal weight.  

Belle, thanks for the summer poem.   I have a cruise booked for July, so I would be happy if I could get below goal weight so that I could cheat a little on my cruise.

Congrats to all the losers.  You are doing great.   Jan, what an awesome total you have.  You are doing so well.  Andrea, nothing feels as good as finding out your clothes are too big.  Congratulations to you.  

Rose

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to join the Lose and Cruise section but my I figured I would post here. 

I have always been slim and fit as I played sports my entire life. Nearly 2 years ago I had to have my gallbladder removed and everything has gone downhill from there. 

I tried to lose weight for my last cruise which ended up not happening and I ended up on steroids for a serious cold I had which made me balloon up. 

My goal is to tone up and try to drop some of the extra fat storage. I am working on eating mostly veggies and high-water foods and walking/running (i messed up my knee recently) and swimming as much as I can. My cruise is the end of October... can I do it? No idea. 

• Like 1

Everyone having a good Sunday? Hope so.

Welcome Florida  Yes you can do it, just take it a day at a time. It's great you like to exercise.

Weigh-In every Thursday and youb can come in any time and talk to us about anything.

Rose how's your husband doing? Good I hope. Your so close to goal, you'll get there soon.

When in JUly are you leaving on your cruise?

Andrea Congrats on the smaller sizes.  Tells you how good your doing.

Hope your all doing good eating wise this weekend.  My question is why carbs are the easiest

food to prepare and eat.  Didn't feel like cooking so ate the easy way..to many carbs!  

(I'm trying to do less carbs..so what do I do?)  Back on track.

8 minutes ago, Belle said:

Everyone having a good Sunday? Hope so.

Welcome Florida  Yes you can do it, just take it a day at a time. It's great you like to exercise.

Weigh-In every Thursday and youb can come in any time and talk to us about anything.

Rose how's your husband doing? Good I hope. Your so close to goal, you'll get there soon.

When in JUly are you leaving on your cruise?

Andrea Congrats on the smaller sizes.  Tells you how good your doing.

Hope your all doing good eating wise this weekend.  My question is why carbs are the easiest

food to prepare and eat.  Didn't feel like cooking so ate the easy way..to many carbs!  

(I'm trying to do less carbs..so what do I do?)  Back on track.

Thank you! I feel like our brains have been trained to think that carbs are the easiest. Although really what is easier than picking up an apple and taking a bite out of it?  

Also am I the only one crazy enough to have prepped soup for my lunches/dinners this week?... I live in Florida and its summer... oy vey

Hi all!

Belle ~ insightful words again! Your cruise is sooner than mine.

Some good losses cruises42 & WTG Jan, losing 30 lbs!! That's a little more than I'd hope to lose once I get started. I just can't get motivated!! One of these days I'm going to stop snacking & get more exercise but not yet.

I'm up another 0.8 lbs.😢

Oh, today I read about foods you shouldn't eat if you have arthritis & what do you know, they're all pretty much things I eat!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had enjoyable weekends! Did anyone else spend time this weekend shopping and prepping their meals? I have found that if I use the WalMart grocery pickup I stick to my list and am not "throwing" things in the cart! 

Yesterday I prepped a No Chop Chili, a Keto Stroganoff and a sugarless Keto Cheesecake! I use the Walden Farms syrups and sugar free chocolate sauce with it! I also have my bagged Garden Salad, cucumbers and CHEESE lol

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

Jenny, I also find that meal prepping keeps my protein up (vegetarian) and calories down. I always used to cook for a crowd, now it's just me. But I did freeze up 10 meals. That'll last me 2 weeks 🙂

I'm trying pizza but cauliflower crust to cut calories. If it doesn't work I'll pretend it's a floppy casserole 

• Like 1

Hi, all, happy Monday!

I've got another week packed with meetings - this time in the daytime, though, thank goodness.  People in from out of town, so catered lunches and dinners out.  Already scoping out restaurant menus.  And luckily, most of the lunch caterers have salad boxes as well as sandwich boxes.

Jenny and Ombud, I do meal prep, too, at least when I'm being good.  This week it was a cut-up rotisserie chicken, some tahini sauce (basically hummus without the beans), lots of cut-up veggies, and my smoothie ingredients in the freezer and ready to go.  Oh, and hard boiled eggs, can't do without those. I've got walnuts and pepitas in my bag for snacks during the all-day meetings, plus my water bottle.  

I have a hard time cooking for just me, but I am trying to retrain myself - buying less at the grocery store and going more often.   Some success so far. Jenny, that's a great idea about using the pickup so you stick to your grocery list!