MSC Seashore VC sales to open

1fifthavenue

Glad you posted this as MSC never bother to email to let me know when new ships go on sale! despite them telling me over six times that their I.T department have sorted it out. Been going on since 2012, you would think they would get it right by now ...🤔

Hi John, a friend who works for the line shared it on Facebook yesterday. No clue yet as to date or itinerary, but my thoughts will be the usual Western Med and I have a hunch the naming ceremony will be in Civitavecchia with the ship being built in Italy, Genoa having had the naming of Seaview etc... Guess we'll have to wait and see!

From November last:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19983-msc-cuts-steel-for-2021-newbuild-names-it-msc-seashore.html

"MSC Cruises today cut the first steel of MSC Seashore, the first of two MSC Cruises Seaside EVO-class ships currently on order at Fincantieri.

At a ceremony held at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, MSC Cruises’ Executive Chairman Pierfrancesco Vago and Fincantieri’s Chief Executive Officer Giuseppe Bono launched the first steel cut of the ship, which is due to launch service in early 2021 at 169,400 tons. 

The new class of ship builds on the Seaside-class, with a larger MSC Yacht Club, more specialty restaurants on deck 8 for dining al fresco, a larger number of whirlpools across the ship; and 200 additional cabins as well as larger public areas."

• Like 1

I see that the extra 5% discount is open to everybody and not just for VC members.  🙄  The only thing VC members are getting is to opportunity to book before non-members.  With MSC's policy of only releasing a small number of cabins at a time, this may not necessarily be an advantage.

When we booked Meraviglia, we couldn't choose our cabin location;  it was allocated later on.  Fortunately we booked just before Voyagers' Club was introduced, so we got the 20% Black Card discount.

Do Aurea guests not have a separate dining room on Seaside-class?

13 minutes ago, 1fifthavenue said:

Hmm we dined in the Panorama restaurant which was for both MyChoice and had set times; maybe it's a distance between time and events confusing me

No ... I'd say you're right, Tim.

I remember the chaos when we were onboard as Flexi-dining was being tried out at the time in the same MDRs as MyChoice.  I suppose I'd assumed that they had just set one of the MDRs aside for Aurea guests.

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

“An enhanced MSC Yacht Club; 2 new classes of cabins” sounds interesting... I just hope they just assign cabins to new classes and not adding too many YC cabins. 

SW ... I think they will be all YC cabins but different grades and possibly some single cabins.

55 minutes ago, sidari said:

SW ... I think they will be all YC cabins but different grades and possibly some single cabins.

I think what Sirwolf is saying is that he hopes they don't expand YC to, say, 100+ cabins when right now it's something like 86 cabins. 

5 minutes ago, sidari said:

As Seashore will be longer and somewhat redisigned internally it is likely that there will be more cabins in the YC.

The announcement from last November states a larger YC - that certainly means more cabins and not just extra space for YC guests to enjoy!

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

The announcement from last November states a larger YC - that certainly means more cabins and not just extra space for YC guests to enjoy!

That is exactly what I don’t want to see.

More cabins means more passengers... say “good bye” to the tranquil YC enclave we used to enjoy. The size of YC on Seaside, Seaview, Meraviglia and Bellissima is convenient. We sailed on Seaview on Bellissina and YC never felt crowded.

7 hours ago, SirWolf said:

That is exactly what I don’t want to see.

More cabins means more passengers... say “good bye” to the tranquil YC enclave we used to enjoy. The size of YC on Seaside, Seaview, Meraviglia and Bellissima is convenient. We sailed on Seaview on Bellissina and YC never felt crowded.

... and, more than likely, less butler ratio to passengers!

7 hours ago, sidari said:

The World Class ships will be worse with 8 decks of YC cabins.

Let the bidding begin lol!

Seashore (Seaside Evo class) will have a third deck of all YC cabins, so more than a 50% increase.  But the TS lounge and YC restaurant appear the same size.  I think they gave the One Pool deck area a little more space by pushing the Aurea area aft and to a lower deck.  If considering YC, I'll stick to Seaside class.

Seashore.JPG