Platinum Laundry

jc4me

On our next cruise we are turning Platinum (been cruising since 1994), so it's been a long time coming.  Can someone tell me how the free laundry perk works?  Also, do they ask you when you want your strawberry plate?  Thanks in advance!

You fill out the form usually found in drawer in room. Make sure to see really small spot for plat. card number. Fill the plastic bag with your clothes. Roll them tight to get as many in as possible, Put the bag on bed for your steward and it is usually returned the next day. The plate is usually left in your room on the second or third day. sometimes later

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Keep in mind everything is washed in hot water, so be careful with what clothes you send out for washing. The last poster described the process well. The only thing I would add is some ships still use paper bags while other ships use plastic bags. 

I like that they took pens out of rooms because they were plasic, but changed to plastic from paper on clothes bags. Consistent. By the way plastic is better than paper bags because the paper dissolved when putting wet things in it

29 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

You fill out the form usually found in drawer in room. Make sure to see really small spot for plat. card number. Fill the plastic bag with your clothes. Roll them tight to get as many in as possible, Put the bag on bed for your steward and it is usually returned the next day. The plate is usually left in your room on the second or third day. sometimes later

Thank you!  I've seen the form before, but always did my own laundry based on their prices 🙂  

26 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Keep in mind everything is washed in hot water, so be careful with what clothes you send out for washing. The last poster described the process well. The only thing I would add is some ships still use paper bags while other ships use plastic bags. 

Thank you!

Depending on the length of your cruise you get X number of bags per Platinum passenger; 2 bags on 3 – 6 day cruises, 
3 bags on 7-12 day cruises, 5 bags on a 12+ day cruises. So we usually have a bag for light colored clothing and another for dark clothing. Since they wash and dry using industrial machines in very, very hot water and air, nothing that has not been washed (to avoid dye leaks) or has a risk of being shrunk goes in the bags.  Another thing to keep in mind is they do not pre-treat stains, so having your own stain stick or pre-wash is a must because the hot water alone will set the stain. As another poster stated we use the service more or less to have clean clothing to return home with rather than use it to reduce the initial amount needing to be packed.

• Like 1

If your cabin steward gets the bag by 9 or 10 am you will probably get your laundry back the same day.  On our last cruise there were no strawberries on the "chocolate delight" plate & they never ask us what night we want to have it delivered.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mdsgu said:

Love the Platinum laundry deal!  We usually use it toward the end of the cruise and take home mostly clean, folded clothes.  Less work when we get home.

I normally visit the launderette toward the end of the cruise for the same reason....plus, my husband runs and I don't want to pack up damp, stinking clothes to stink up everything else 😮  I'm looking forward to not having to spend that vacation time doing laundry.  Sounds like I'm down at the river pounding the clothes on rocks, doesn't it?  First world problems - waiting for a machine to finish washing your clothes using up your vacation time - yikes!

23 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Would never send out expensive delicate stuff. Also write Platinum laundry in big letters to make sure no mistake in billing.

Strawberries come on elegant night but they usually dont look all that good and half get tossed

Thanks!

21 hours ago, maryred said:

Depending on the length of your cruise you get X number of bags per Platinum passenger; 2 bags on 3 – 6 day cruises, 
3 bags on 7-12 day cruises, 5 bags on a 12+ day cruises. So we usually have a bag for light colored clothing and another for dark clothing. Since they wash and dry using industrial machines in very, very hot water and air, nothing that has not been washed (to avoid dye leaks) or has a risk of being shrunk goes in the bags.  Another thing to keep in mind is they do not pre-treat stains, so having your own stain stick or pre-wash is a must because the hot water alone will set the stain. As another poster stated we use the service more or less to have clean clothing to return home with rather than use it to reduce the initial amount needing to be packed.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Just to add to maryred post.  If both travelers are platinum you can double the amount of bags.  It's per person not per room.

We love it.  It has cut our packing in half.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Just to add to maryred post.  If both travelers are platinum you can double the amount of bags.  It's per person not per room.

We love it.  It has cut our packing in half.

Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Probably the best benefit for plat and diamonds

Just my opinion, but I don’t think it is that great of a benefit. But that it because both my wife and I won’t use it for the majority of clothes we wear during a cruise because everything is washed in hot water.  But apparently others aren’t worried about that, which makes the benefit more appealing. 

52 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my opinion, but I don’t think it is that great of a benefit. But that it because both my wife and I won’t use it for the majority of clothes we wear during a cruise because everything is washed in hot water.  But apparently others aren’t worried about that, which makes the benefit more appealing. 

We are Diamond on Carnival and overall find the loyalty benefits less than overwhelming. Laundry allows us to only take one large suitcase for the two of us.

16 hours ago, bolt said:

I know I wanted to book an 8 day. Now just hoping to get my husband to take me on another cruise for the free laundry 😊

I know the feeling.  I have a 16 day Transatlantic Oct 2020 coming up and I had to book 2 more 7 days before then so I could hit Platinum for the Transatlantic cruise.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:39 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I will have to keep in mind the hot water wash when I pack!