CoCoCay Beach Beds moved to Chill Island

I belong to a Facebook group for CoCoCay and one person posted about getting a cancellation notice for a beach lounger on South Beach due to closure. I called when I saw the new map that South Beach would be closed until December 2019 and they stated at that time that it will remain open but the new amenities wouldn't be open until then.

Now that they have started work on the over water bungalows it does look like they decided to fully close South Beach.

I chatted with RCI today on Facebook and it shows my Beach Bed rental for 8/26 to be on Chill Island instead.

On the planner it says Beach Beds nestled among the palm trees of Chill Island, but Beach Bungalows still say South Beach and unavailable to book along with the Beach Loungers.

I wonder how much more crowded it is going to get with the Beach Beds moved over there.

I guess it won't be so Chill any longer.

I saw the beach beds today for my 7/6 Symphony cruise, but didn't notice the location, only the price.  I paid less than $200 last October, but the price today was $283. At that time they were in S beach, and while we enjoyed it, the "catered lunch" that was included was terrible...we ate as soon as it was delivered, but hot items were cold, and cold items were warm.  The shrimp ceviche was so warm I didn't dare eat it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

I saw the beach beds today for my 7/6 Symphony cruise, but didn't notice the location, only the price.  I paid less than $200 last October, but the price today was $283. At that time they were in S beach, and while we enjoyed it, the "catered lunch" that was included was terrible...we ate as soon as it was delivered, but hot items were cold, and cold items were warm.  The shrimp ceviche was so warm I didn't dare eat it. 

The beach bed was off my planner for some time. Today it is $283 and I paid $119.

So I am kinda feeling pretty good with myself.

I am torn with it not being on South Beach. But I wouldn't want to be in a construction zone.

I heard it is a trade off of quiet secluded but crappy water.

I hope they get a good location on Chill Island. Hopefully some reports will start flowing in.

51 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

The beach bed was off my planner for some time. Today it is $283 and I paid $119.

So I am kinda feeling pretty good with myself.

I am torn with it not being on South Beach. But I wouldn't want to be in a construction zone.

I heard it is a trade off of quiet secluded but crappy water.

I hope they get a good location on Chill Island. Hopefully some reports will start flowing in.

I agree with you on crappy water and with @NanciRDH on the crappy food. Which is why I didn't book the bed again this year. I like chill island much more and if I had known the beds were there I would have booked it. 

Someone in my roll call said their lounger was cancelled for next week also. 

We had a South Beach Bed in April and loved it.  We are booked again for December and there aren't any smaller or lower priced beds/chairs showing up for us. I can't bring myself to spend CAD$800-$1500 on a cabana for just the 4 of us for such a short time, especially when we had the bed last timer $150.

Hopefully they will appear closer to December if construction is done.

• Like 1

Seriously, I consider this a major loss. 😰  Although I had understood that for some period of time they would just not exist at all there.  I know they think they’re improving things, but I think removing the beach beds and bungalows from South Beach is just horrible, after all it is my favorite place. It’s quiet ( which is what I want at this point in my life when the children are grown and gone on a beach day) and I get plenty of cover.  We don’t need a cabana, there’s just two of us (and I wouldn’t pay that much for something we really don’t want or need). I hate to think that RCCL only cares about having the highest priced options st cococay rather than having a modicum of concern about what it’s cruisers would want/prefer. I guess we will have to wait and see. 🤞🏼

Edited by 2Beeze

Glad I got to enjoy a Beach Bed on our 5-20-2019 Mariner Cruise on South Beach.  It was quiet and beautiful, tram service was great and they brought me a tasty grilled chicken sandwich lunch.  No one in our group wanted to join me but I just indulged and enjoyed!!!!  

There are no South Beach or Chill Island Beach beds for our September HM cruise but I would expect Chill Island Beach Beds should appear.  I'll be interested to see if South Beach Beach Beds and Bungelows will reappear for our January HM Cruise.  

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Beach Beds just showed up today for my Sept cruise but the price is $299  Too expensive for me.

I see them too for my 9-1-2019 HM cruise on Chill Island for $299.  They were cheaper on our May 20 Mariner cruise and were on South Beach, which was a nice, quiet beach.  I loved mine.  They were good for 4 people.  Cabanas on Chill Island and Ocean Lagoon are $1,299 and RCCL will probably sell out!!  

36 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I see them too for my 9-1-2019 HM cruise on Chill Island for $299.  They were cheaper on our May 20 Mariner cruise and were on South Beach, which was a nice, quiet beach.  I loved mine.  They were good for 4 people.  Cabanas on Chill Island and Ocean Lagoon are $1,299 and RCCL will probably sell out!!  

crazy expensive!

• 1 month later...

I have a chance to book either a South Beach or a Chill Island beach bed for my Thanksgiving cruise this year. Which one would people recommend? Part of my group will probably also have a full-day pass to the water park, so would that be the better option? But it sounds like South Beach is a construction zone right now, so ...

Does anyone have recent info on South Beach beds?  I am on Navigator Nov 1, in 3 weeks, and yesterday booked a beach bed at South beach. 

Will it be cancelled?  Will it be moved?  Why would they be selling something that is not available?

Edited by benzygirl

I spoke to Shorex by email today.  They told me that the Cabana area on South Beach is closed but the beds remain open and on my Nov 1st cruise, I will have a bed at South Beach.  Just found out there are two ships at CocoCay that day, so I'm glad i have one

14 hours ago, benzygirl said:

I spoke to Shorex by email today.  They told me that the Cabana area on South Beach is closed but the beds remain open and on my Nov 1st cruise, I will have a bed at South Beach.  Just found out there are two ships at CocoCay that day, so I'm glad i have one

If there's any construction going on in South Beach the noise might be a concern.