Carnival share holder and OBC

27 minutes ago, iceleven said:

How long is the "open window" to apply for the on board credit before your cruise? We've cruised with most Carnival Corporation cruise lines and have owned CC stock for 7+ years but can never really know when is the earliest we can submit the owner's stock info. A person could buy the stock, apply for credit with CC and then sell the stock before their cruise if the open window was too far out.

BTW, I do believe one of the reasons for the lowered stock price was because of the law suit against Carnival Corp. for the garbage dumping claim against Princess a couple years back. They lost the suit earlier this year. I haven't paid close attention to it so my timing might be off a bit.

There  are threads about this. Since Royal Caribbean and Norwegian stock went down by an even higher percentage at the time of the settlement, it is hard to attribute the drop in Carnival stock right after the settlement as the cause of the stock price drop.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've been off the boards for about 1-1/2 years because of a move that took us across the country so we haven't, until just recently, been able to take time out to cruise. Keeping Carnival Corp. stock, for us, was for no other reason that for the cruise OBCs so no real reason to follow closely.

• 2 months later...

Will the OBC be visible somewhere on the Carnival website? I had a look and couldn't find a place that OBC would be listed. I've used it with Princess a couple of times, and Holland once now, but not yet Carnival. We booked through Costco so I can't access the Payments portion. 

It's been about 7 days since I faxed it in. Do they generally send a confirmation if sucessful? 

Oh... and my score so far:

2018 - $50 on Princess (1 day)

2019 -$50 on Princess, (1 day)  $50 on Holland (1 day), $150 on Carnival (5 day and 7 day, once these two show up)

2020 - $350 on Carnival (10 day and 15 day -- as long as the program continues)

Total: $650

TIA

3 hours ago, djb78 said:

Will the OBC be visible somewhere on the Carnival website? I had a look and couldn't find a place that OBC would be listed. I've used it with Princess a couple of times, and Holland once now, but not yet Carnival. We booked through Costco so I can't access the Payments portion. 

It's been about 7 days since I faxed it in. Do they generally send a confirmation if sucessful? 

Oh... and my score so far:

2018 - $50 on Princess (1 day)

2019 -$50 on Princess, (1 day)  $50 on Holland (1 day), $150 on Carnival (5 day and 7 day, once these two show up)

2020 - $350 on Carnival (10 day and 15 day -- as long as the program continues)

Total: $650

TIA

It will be on your printed documents.