Astoria, Oregon private tour

I have looked here on Cruise Critic and all over the internet:) I am looking for a private tour from Astoria in October, to drive us to some of the other coastal towns like Seaside and Cannon Beach and  Ecola State Park to see some of the rugged coastline scenery. We will also want to stop at one of the breweries in one of those towns before coming back to do some more beer tastings at some of the breweries in Astoria before going back to the ship. Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas?

55 minutes ago, gregandamy said:

I have looked here on Cruise Critic and all over the internet:) I am looking for a private tour from Astoria in October, to drive us to some of the other coastal towns like Seaside and Cannon Beach and  Ecola State Park to see some of the rugged coastline scenery. We will also want to stop at one of the breweries in one of those towns before coming back to do some more beer tastings at some of the breweries in Astoria before going back to the ship. Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas?

Enterprise has a car rental office right outside the port - you could rent a car for the day and go to all those places. I believe they are closed on the weekend.

I can certainly understand why you'd want a driver if you're going boozing, but a cab would work for that part if you don't want to walk back to the ship. Astoria is small - I can't ever recall seeing any tour guides advertising in the visitor center or through the chamber of commerce website. Ecola/Cannon Beach is less than an hour's drive, October is off season so no risk of hordes of tourists causing serious slowdowns on the road, thus renting a car then returning it before hitting the pubs should be a pretty safe bet (the only thing different about driving will be that Oregon doesn't let you gas up your own car).

if you really, really don't want to drive I'd suggest reaching out to a local cab firm and asking to book a cab for the day - it's not like big cities where cabbies are traditionally Indian doctors and lawyers, you'll be able to find a local resident with tales to tell easily enough 😉

• 2 weeks later...

We live in the Seattle area and visit Astoria frequently, mostly by RV but also via cruise ship.  Our favorite brew pub is located within walking distance from the cruise ship dock - an easy walk along the coastal boardwalk path.  The beer choices are good and the menu is good, too.

https://www.buoybeer.com/

A feature of Buoy's are the sea lions - viewing outside or through the plexiglass viewing window in the brewpub floor.

I second the recommendation to rent a car for your coastal drive.  All of Oregon's beaches are public.  The coastal drive option enables you to stop along the way for scenic overlooks, beaches, lighthouses and tidepools. 

• 1 month later...

Been to Astoria many time and have never seen ads for private tours. If you end up with the rental car you could also consider crossing the bridge to the Long Beach Peninsula of Washington. Some great, free, beaches up there as well.