UPSELL offered!

marmac761

8 hours ago, Sean_B said:

I'm curious what kind of interior cabin gets an eight category upgrade and you still end up in an interior cabin?? Other than deck level, I bet the cabins are identical.

i went from deck one up to deck ten. saved like $90 total. i was happy since i like to be closer to everything. they gave me room 10210.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, marmac761 said:

Sorry, as soon as clicked where it said I will stay with my cabin, it disappeared.  

I wondered if someone wanted connecting rooms and that is why I got the offer.  My room is a connected room. 

This is why.

8 hours ago, Sean_B said:

I'm curious what kind of interior cabin gets an eight category upgrade and you still end up in an interior cabin?? Other than deck level, I bet the cabins are identical.

There are are numerous categories inside each cabin type so yes, this is common.  Cabin sizes are identical but location and layout is different. 

32 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

This is why.

I don’t think so now.  It seems there are a number of people posting upsell offers for this exact cruise. Not to mention those who aren’t posting.  I used to just watch and listen for information.  I now post so people would know to look for upsells on line.  I never used to till I heard a lot of people tips here.

2 minutes ago, marmac761 said:

I don’t think so now.  It seems there are a number of people posting upsell offers for this exact cruise. Not to mention those who aren’t posting.  I used to just watch and listen for information.  I now post so people would know to look for upsells on line.  I never used to till I heard a lot of people tips here.

Yes, it is correct.  Connecting cabins are not that common and when the other side is not linked, it gets a upsell call when another party needs connecting like for minor children and those traveling with caregivers.  It is the most common type of category to get upsells.

Your sailing may also be trying to upsell current bookings to the higher priced staterooms so they can resell lower cost cabins.  People who got booked into under capacity staterooms also get upsell calls when there is an uptick in demand on that sailing.  

6 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yes, it is correct.  Connecting cabins are not that common and when the other side is not linked, it gets a upsell call when another party needs connecting like for minor children and those traveling with caregivers.  It is the most common type of category to get upsells.

Your sailing may also be trying to upsell current bookings to the higher priced staterooms so they can resell lower cost cabins.  People who got booked into under capacity staterooms also get upsell calls when there is an uptick in demand on that sailing.  

I was surprised at how many negative remarks I seen on connecting room about noise after I booked that room.  I have been in connecting hotel rooms and haven’t heard much noise.  I just wanted to try a cove balcony and that one was available in the area I was looking.  The other side was already booked.

I just looked at my booking, my sailing is the Miracle on 9/22.  Currently booked in a balcony on port side Deck 8.  The upgrade is for an Ocean Suite deck 6 for $452.  I'm passing, I don't think the price is that good. And we like being higher up and on the port side of the ship.  Now if we got an offer to upgrade for $200 bucks, we'd take it! lol

On 6/22/2019 at 12:26 PM, candigirl41 said:

After reading this I went and checked and they wanted to offer me an upgrade from interior on deck 6 to oceanview on deck 1 for $232.00.  I declined.  That to me is a downgrade.

Candi

I agree. Downgrade!

On 6/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, marmac761 said:

Mine came under booking & order details.  There was a star that said upgrade offers.  When I closed and went to find where the room was, I thought I lost it.  I scrolled down and it there after pre-pay your gratuities before you sail.

Where was the star? We always prepay grats but have never had any upgrade offers that we have noticed. Thanks 

11 hours ago, canes20 said:

Where was the star? We always prepay grats but have never had any upgrade offers that we have noticed. Thanks 

It was under the booking & order details.  There was a star saying upgrade your cruise under open your planner.  Then after I opened and read it, it was gone, but found it at the bottom of the page.  First there are only one offer, then when I looked again, there were 3.  I was so surprised!  First time ever like that.  I do like my original cove room pick but now I’m second guessing my self.  I really doubt I’ll get another chance but I check daily.

I got an email offering to upgrade from ocean view to balcony on the Panorama. It's going to be my 18th cruise and it's only the 2nd time ever receiving any upgrade offers. First time was for NCL and this was a first for Carnival

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 5:34 PM, Trishlo73 said:

I just looked at my booking, my sailing is the Miracle on 9/22.  Currently booked in a balcony on port side Deck 8.  The upgrade is for an Ocean Suite deck 6 for $452.  I'm passing, I don't think the price is that good. And we like being higher up and on the port side of the ship.  Now if we got an offer to upgrade for $200 bucks, we'd take it! lol

For our last cruise on the Horizon, we got an e-mail to move from a balcony on Deck 11 to a Junior Suite on Deck 6 (I think) for $460.  I looked it up and it was only a $60 savings from what it would have been had I booked it originally.  It did give the specific cabin number.  Oddly enough, my brother and SIL got the same offer for the same cabin.  We both turned it down because we booked where we wanted to be and the Junior Suites aren't that much better than a regular cabin.

We just took an upgrade from our cove balcony deck 2 to a balcony deck 10 for $42.  It was going to be our first stay in a cove balcony- we weren't sure we were going to like it but the price was right when we booked.  Our cruise isn't until April on the Horizon so we were very surprised to get the offer.   

On 6/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, marmac761 said:

Just want to thank all of you who have posted about upsell offers.  I have been looking at my booking on the Panorama in February and found a 3 offers. We have our first ever cove balcony midship.  I was offered aft room 9475 for $76 total.  I was surprised it gave me the specific room number because I haven’t heard any one mentioning room numbers.  There were two other offers.  Both were for $262 total.  One in spa room, no number and the other for family habour room aft facing room.  Since we didn’t want to pay any more and wanted to stay in our cove room, I turned it down.

i wouldn’t have seen those offers, until I read all these posts about them.  We didn’t receive any e-mail about the offers

I got one in my email yesterday .Im booked on the Victory for September 9 and had an interior on deck two.Im cruising solo by the way. the offer was for a balcony on deck 6 for 160 dollars. I went ahead and accepted it. It doesnt save me a lot over what the price would have been if i had booked it to begin with but I figured,why not.. quiet time on my own balcony watching the sun come up with a cup of room service coffee, perhaps a drink late at night watching the stars and ocean. My only concern is that it appears to be a quad cabin. why would they offer an upsell to a solo cruiser from a cheap interior to a balcony several decks up. Arent those more desirable?I hope they dont try to remove me if a group of 3 or 4 decides to book last minute