RCI Explorer OTS- How do I choose a cabin

dancingfish

Sorry for such a vague question - I have cruised before but not on Royal Caribbean.  

How do I choose? I know we want balcony.. but it looks like mid-ship is all that is left.  Is higher better than lower? Do we try to get further aft ? 

I have tried to search for suggestions but I have not had much luck! Any suggestions would be great! 

We are doing western Caribbean 

Of course you don't say the category you're considering....but I can say you are fortunate that their are mid-ship cabins available. Choose one that has cabins above and below and avoid any that are connecting with the cabin next door. Mid to aft cabins are the most desirable as well as those directly on the hump (where the ship bows out). So look to deck's 7, 8 & 9.

Love the Voyager class ships and have sailed them often.

Midship is GREAT!    The closer to the middle of the ship, both front to back and lower deck to higher deck, the smoother the "ride".  

We like being on the top deck, as the pool is where we spend most of our daytime hours...and you'll find being able to use the stairs, rather than waiting on elevators, is a huge time-saver.

Midship is also my choice for all-around accessibility -- nothing is more than half-a-ship away, and almost all mainstream ships have a midship elevator/stairwell. When traveling with mobility or stamina-limited family members I will choose midship every time, although I do have a booking on Freedom OTS that is high and forward in a Panoramic Ocean View, because that's where those cabins are!

Cruise Deck Plans dot com (no spaces) has lots of photos of the ExplorerOTS, if you are interested in things like layout of the furniture, bathroom, etc. And you can check what is under specific cabins on deck 6 with the "Cabin Check Tool". 

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Midship is also my choice for all-around accessibility -- nothing is more than half-a-ship away, and almost all mainstream ships have a midship elevator/stairwell. When traveling with mobility or stamina-limited family members I will choose midship every time, although I do have a booking on Freedom OTS that is high and forward in a Panoramic Ocean View, because that's where those cabins are!

Cruise Deck Plans dot com (no spaces) has lots of photos of the ExplorerOTS, if you are interested in things like layout of the furniture, bathroom, etc. And you can check what is under specific cabins on deck 6 with the "Cabin Check Tool". 

I usually always go for the hump JS but I (just the two of us) am also booked in the Panoramic Ocean View #1804 on Freedom for a B2B. Excited to try out this category..The price was just to good to pass up especially the perks and allowing just the two of us to book it.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

I had to book my mom with us for (non-suite) 1864, but it's worth it for the cabin if she is a no-show. Heck, she may even be up for it! 1/21 is a long way away.

Not as far away as my April 2021.

• Haha 1