How do you buy Carnival Shares?

amajaa

40 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

Redmayne Bently can obtain Carnival Shares and are excellent at sorting shareholder  OBC 

If you cruise on any of the 7 lines under Carnival mire than once a year its a good deal

Dont Redmayn  Bently charge £40  if no action on account after 3 years ?

quite from their Q&A

https://www.redmayne.co.uk/faqs

Can I avoid the £15 certificated charge?
Yes, by taking advantage of our Nominee service, which is free to open with no annual administration charge. Please note that if we have held your investments for a full three-year period and no trades have been conducted an inactivity custody fee of £40 will be applied to your account. 

I use  Hargreaves Lansdown

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/share-dealing

No charges and just do a print of the  pdf account  with account number crossed out  and email to 

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com with the required cruise details.

1 hour ago, Pennbank said:

Dont Redmayn  Bently charge £40  if no action on account after 3 years ?

quite from their Q&A

https://www.redmayne.co.uk/faqs

Can I avoid the £15 certificated charge?
Yes, by taking advantage of our Nominee service, which is free to open with no annual administration charge. Please note that if we have held your investments for a full three-year period and no trades have been conducted an inactivity custody fee of £40 will be applied to your account. 

I use  Hargreaves Lansdown

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/share-dealing

No charges and just do a print of the  pdf account  with account number crossed out  and email to 

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com with the required cruise details.

Very helpful thanks.  Could you tell me please what cruise details you need to send to shareholder benefits?  Thanks 

29 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Very helpful thanks.  Could you tell me please what cruise details you need to send to shareholder benefits?  Thanks 

Your Name, Reservation Booking Number, Ship Voyage number, together with proof you have the shares, (as I said I just attach my latest statement with the account number deleted) and email it together with the requested details to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com.  (a statement is available from your on line account with HL)

The email must be sent after full payment and before 3 weeks of sailing date.

I usually ask for a new Booking confirmation to be sent, showing the additional on Board Credit this usually happens anyway, but not always. Hence my request.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Edited by Pennbank

2 minutes ago, Pennbank said:

Your Name, Reservation Booking Number, Ship Voyage number, together with proof you have the shares, (as I said I just attach my latest statement with the account number deleted) and email it together with the requested details to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com.  (a statement is available from your on line account with HL)

Thanks.  Thinking of taking the plunge.  Are statements on hl available on demand?  

11 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Thanks.  Thinking of taking the plunge.  Are statements on hl available on demand?  

Yes,  

Just go to your online account, select the pdf version and delete your account number but leave your name on top right corner to prove ownership Before saving to desktop and emailing with the further details required.

doc.pdf

Edited by Pennbank

I do the same. I use a PDF editor (available free on line) to blank out personal details on the statement. As it’s an online account access is available 24/7. The HL website is very good and user friendly unlike the P&O one. 

Brian

On 6/24/2019 at 11:00 AM, Teresa Price said:

purchased ours through a British company, first initial H which you can easily find online.  Great investment as 2 long cruises this year plus dividends.

Teresa

Just bought 100 shares with a company beginning with H, a two word name. Hopefully the same one as you.

Anyway I bought on line but spoke to them first and the chap told me they claim the OBC for us to just let them know the cruise number etc. Have you any experience of claiming OBC yet please?

4 minutes ago, Teresa Price said:

Hi,

yes plenty of experience!😂😂 You ring the said company and they organise it.  I ring a few months before the trip but

I think you can ring up to a month before.  They have never failed me.

Teresa 

Silly question probably but do the company charge you for doing it for you?

many thanks for all this info, much appreciated 

Edited by amajaa

Easy enough to apply for shareholder OBC benefit with P&O. Just look under Miscellaneous tab under FAQ on P&Os website and all the details are there. Easy for me because I have a share certificate and all they need is a quick e-mail.

Edited by majortom10

I prefer to go direct to P&O by email. Works well. Don’t see the need to go via an intermediary. You still have to send them the same cruise details. 

Brian

Edited by BrianI

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Just bought 100 shares with a company beginning with H, a two word name. Hopefully the same one as you.

Anyway I bought on line but spoke to them first and the chap told me they claim the OBC for us to just let them know the cruise number etc. Have you any experience of claiming OBC yet please?

I do exactly the same with the share centre, just send them an e mail with your folio reference number and cruise number,  booking reference and sail date, and they send P&O the request, all done in a day or two.

45 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I do exactly the same with the share centre, just send them an e mail with your folio reference number and cruise number,  booking reference and sail date, and they send P&O the request, all done in a day or two.

It is still an email how ever way one wishes to proceed, either directly ones self  or through an intermediary 😁

2 hours ago, BrianI said:

I prefer to go direct to P&O by email. Works well. Don’t see the need to go via an intermediary. You still have to send them the same cruise details. 

Brian

They said it is all online now so you don’t get a share certificate so can’t send anything off yourself so they have to do it for you.

I don’t have a share certificate as my shares are held in a nominee account. I just download a current statement showing my holding, blank any personal data and then attach to an email. 

If if you have a share certificate you can just email the number and they can look it up on the share register. 

Brian

10 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Does anyone know how long shareholder benefits usually take to process a request please?  I understand it may take longer at the moment, given all this interest!!  Thanks 

No idea how long it's taking at the moment, but last January I emailed a claim on a Saturday evening and had a confirmatory email by lunchtime on the following Tuesday - pretty impressive!

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No idea how long it's taking at the moment, but last January I emailed a claim on a Saturday evening and had a confirmatory email by lunchtime on the following Tuesday - pretty impressive!

Great thanks 

On 26 June 2019 at 6:16 AM, galeforce9 said:

Does anyone know how long shareholder benefits usually take to process a request please?  I understand it may take longer at the moment, given all this interest!!  Thanks 

I submitted my request for my next cruise direct to P&O this morning. I will let you know when I get confirmation back.

Brian

I received an email this afternoon from P&O confirming my shareholder OBC. About 4 hours later I received an email from my TA confirming the same and attached a revised P&O invoice showing the additional OBC. 

So the whole process took 8 days, which is a little longer than it has been in the past but we got there in the end. 

Brian

41 minutes ago, BrianI said:

I received an email this afternoon from P&O confirming my shareholder OBC. About 4 hours later I received an email from my TA confirming the same and attached a revised P&O invoice showing the additional OBC. 

So the whole process took 8 days, which is a little longer than it has been in the past but we got there in the end. 

Brian

Me too!!

• 2 months later...