Seven Seas Navigator Embarks on First Voyage Following Refurbishment

MIAMI (Jun. 21, 2019) Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, the leading luxury ocean cruise line, this week celebrates the inaugural voyage of Seven Seas Navigator® following her two-week refurbishment in Brest, France. The first guests to experience her stunning improvements are currently sailing aboard an 11-night London to Dublin voyage. Notable enhancements to the intimate, 490-guest, all-suite ship include:

Restaurants

Guest favorite, Prime 7, a Contemporary American steakhouse, is completely reimagined with dramatic new appeal. Dark imperial blue walls accented with gold, light leather chairs and rich wood finishes provide a refined and elegant backdrop for prime steaks and seafood. Large artwork, marble sculptures and intricately patterned floors were added to enhance the décor.

Public Areas

The welcoming Navigator Lounge was refreshed with new furnishings enabling more space for guests to sit and enjoy coffee during the day and cocktails around the piano in the afternoon and evenings.

Navigator Lounge

Stars Lounge was completely reimagined with new carpet, new furniture and new wall coverings in light dusty rose and champagne tones highlighted with gold. Marble tables glimmer under evening dance floor lights where guests can enjoy cocktails and dancing before dinner or after the evening performance in the Constellation Theater.

Stars Lounge

Seven Seas Navigator was upgraded with new carpeting, modern wall coverings and sleek metal for a distinctive contemporary design on the staircases and in the Atrium to welcome guests with a light, airy and modern feel. New Italian marble floors were installed on elevators, and carpeting and wall coverings were installed in all guest hallways. New artwork is featured in guest corridors.

Spa

The spa is now a relaxing haven of tranquility. The entrance features pebble-stone tiles that lead to an inviting light wood spa desk where attentive staff will assist guests with the treatments of their choice. Treatment rooms have been updated to provide soothing environments for a variety of services. The relaxation area has been updated with light tones, making it a perfect retreat before or after a spa visit. The beauty salon has been enlarged, now featuring a dedicated pedicure and manicure area that has floor-to-ceiling ocean views. Stations for hair treatments and make-up round out the array of services available in the top deck spa.

Guest Suites

Suite entrances are warm and inviting with dark wood doors and new signage. The in-suite closets now feature more chests and drawers for additional storage space to benefit guests sailing on extended voyages. New plush carpeting was added to all suites as well as fresh upholstery and the private balconies boast refinished teak wood for a refined cruising experience.

Additional enhancements guests may not notice include a new infrared barbeque grill at the Pool Grill that extracts and wisps away smoke, making for a more comfortable outdoor guest dining experience. New air conditioning and water pipes were installed throughout the entire vessel.

Seven Seas Navigator’s refurbishment is her first since 2016, and with this latest drydock, she has been completely refurbished from bow-to-stern over the past three years. Since 2016, Regent Seven Seas Cruises has invested more than $150 million refurbishing and modernizing its best-in-class fleet, so its four ships remain the leader in luxury cruising and offer guests an unrivaled experience.

"When guests step on board Seven Seas Navigator, they will find she continues to reflect Regent’s elegant style and famous attention to detail that fashionably honors her heritage as a beloved, intimate luxury ship," said Jason Montague, Regent Seven Seas Cruises president and chief executive officer. "Seven Seas Navigator now reflects the consistent look and feel of our fleet, but with special touches that make her distinctly unique."

Prime_7_0578CC.jpg

Navigator_lounge_1037_FINALCC.jpg

Stars_Lounge_0081-2CC2.jpg

Stars_Lounge_0113CC2.jpg

Spa_1322CC.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for all the great info regarding Navigator, Jason!  We're very much looking forward to boarding her again this October.  I don't personally care if it rattles, shakes, rocks 'n rolls, or just sits dead in the water.  We always look forward to being on board Navigator.  For those who may not like it, just don't sail on it!  Simple solution for all of us. Regards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pingpong1 said:

Thanks so much for all the great info regarding Navigator, Jason!  We're very much looking forward to boarding her again this October.  I don't personally care if it rattles, shakes, rocks 'n rolls, or just sits dead in the water.  We always look forward to being on board Navigator.  For those who may not like it, just don't sail on it!  Simple solution for all of us. Regards.

The problem is, the Navigator usually has the most interesting itineraries . . . 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, liptastic said:

Navigator looks great. We are big fans of Navigator and this refurb certainly makes me wish we had a cruise booked on her..  Thanks for posting,    Jean.

Hey Jean - There's still room for you on our Oct 15 - 25, 2019 cruise!  R/T out of New York.  Visits New England (Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Canada (Halifax), Bermuda, and then returns to NYC. I think they're offering a free night's accomodation in NYC for new bookings. 10 - nights.  All accommodations below Grand Suite are still open and available.  Final payment isn't due until 17 July.  This is one of Regent's most economical Per Diem cruises.  Come on along and join us!!  Best Regards.

14 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Hey Jean - There's still room for you on our Oct 15 - 25, 2019 cruise!  R/T out of New York.  Visits New England (Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Canada (Halifax), Bermuda, and then returns to NYC. I think they're offering a free night's accomodation in NYC for new bookings. 10 - nights.  All accommodations below Grand Suite are still open and available.  Final payment isn't due until 17 July.  This is one of Regent's most economical Per Diem cruises.  Come on along and join us!!  Best Regards.

Pingpong how kind of you to invite us. Sadly I have to say sorry . Work commitments for us both , and also we have a holiday booked in August. 

Your itinerary sounds wonderful and I know we would love that. We have twice taken Canada New England cruises and have to say they have rated along with Alaska as our favourites and best. 

I know you will have a fabulous time, will you be posting the odd snippet for us to enjoy? 

Hope to join you onboard next time 😉

Thanks, Jean.

16 minutes ago, liptastic said:

Pingpong how kind of you to invite us. Sadly I have to say sorry . Work commitments for us both , and also we have a holiday booked in August. 

Your itinerary sounds wonderful and I know we would love that. We have twice taken Canada New England cruises and have to say they have rated along with Alaska as our favourites and best. 

I know you will have a fabulous time, will you be posting the odd snippet for us to enjoy? 

Hope to join you onboard next time 😉

Thanks, Jean.

Hi Jean - Too bad about how "work" always gets in the way of every other thing, you'd much rather be doing.  We will be taking along a couple of "Newbies" with us.  My DW's cousin and his wife.  They have never done an Ocean cruise before and this will be their very first...on Regent, no less!  Not a bad way to start!  They have promised that if this turns out to be "okay" for them, it won't be the last one.  We'll just keep our fingers crossed regarding the weather.  It could be gorgeous or "slightly rotten".  You just never know.  But as the saying goes, "It never rains inside a bar (lounge)".  Yes, I might post a few snippets, too.  Best Regards.

7 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Hi Jean - Too bad about how "work" always gets in the way of every other thing, you'd much rather be doing.  We will be taking along a couple of "Newbies" with us.  My DW's cousin and his wife.  They have never done an Ocean cruise before and this will be their very first...on Regent, no less!  Not a bad way to start!  They have promised that if this turns out to be "okay" for them, it won't be the last one.  We'll just keep our fingers crossed regarding the weather.  It could be gorgeous or "slightly rotten".  You just never know.  But as the saying goes, "It never rains inside a bar (lounge)".  Yes, I might post a few snippets, too.  Best Regards.

Like your philosophy 😊 I am sure your family will be smitten with Regent like we all have been.  Best wishes, Jean

Thank you for the update, Jason. Count me among the Navigator lovers. Sounds like the  issues have been addressed (drawer space, Nav Lounge) and you’ve imported some nice touches from Explorer, like artwork in the guest corridors.  Looking forward to seeing for myself in April.

Edited by wishIweretravelling
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Thank you Jason for that update. The pictures look lovely. Cant wait to board in November for our 15 days Caribbean cruise NY- Miami!

Hi Maria

Sorry we are not joining you. The Navigator looks wonderful. Miss you and Bob. See you in March, if not before. 

Hugs

Sheila and Herb

@Jason OKeefe - thank you for the Navigator updates - always great to see her after a refresh.  Navigator was the ship that introduced us to Regent back in 2009 and she still holds a special place in our hearts, creaks, rattles and all.

We're not booked on her anytime in the near future but you can bet we wouldn't hesitate to sail her if the itinerary was right.  Thanks for the pics.