WOW YC prices went up quickly

floridian1

with the start of the IMO 2020 rules requiring all ocean vessels to reduce sulfur emissions from 3.5% to 0.5%, I expect all cruise ship prices to rise at least through mid-2020 to account for the higher priced fuel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emmas gran said:

We did Dubai to Tokyo on Splendida March/April this year for around £12000 ($15000 US ) next year on Bellissima its £17178 or $21472 US for YC. Glad we did it when we did!!

MSC Bellissima from Dubai to Tokyo (03/21/2020 - 29 nights) is $17,509.68 for 2 person in YC on MSC USA website. Early booking prices were under $14,000 including early booking and VC discount.

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

MSC Bellissima from Dubai to Tokyo (03/21/2020 - 29 nights) is $17,509.68 for 2 person in YC on MSC USA website. Early booking prices were under $14,000 including early booking and VC discount.

Ok I am quoting the online price today as if we were going to do the same thing from the UK website . Not looking at the US website just what we paid compared to the price today

Edited by emmas gran
Addition

On 6/21/2019 at 10:11 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Prices have definitely been rising.  If that keeps up, I believe they will price themselves out of the market.  Yacht Club is a good experience on an otherwise overcrowded ship.

I agree with the overcrowded.

Hi,

We've sailed on Royal (3 cruises), Celebrity (2) and NCL (1).  We've only been in a suite once on NCL in Haven on the Escape.  We really loved the Haven experience but we've also loved all our cruises.  I like the premium experience of a Haven but still looking for it at a reasonable price.  I may not find this until I retire and am able to take advantage of last minute deals.  

I recently booked MSC Seaside for 8/29/2020.  We got Royal Suite for 6824 for 2 of us + 300 obc.  We'll get 5% when we sign up for their rewards pgm.  Our TA told us this is a fantastic rate but I can't decide if it's worth it.  I do like that if you add 2 additional people to the reservation that they get the beverage package.  But price went up to almost 10K if I remember correctly.

I'm considering cancelling and trying YC in deluxe room to save money.  I know it's a much smaller room but you still get all the YC amenities.    Would this be a mistake?

I'd appreciate your feedback.  

Thanks

The royal suite is a splurge; we did it once and loved it, but I don’t thin I would do it again - the regular YC experience is wonderful “enough”. The YC public spaces are so great one doesn’t need the extra room in the royal suite. 

If if I were you and price sensitive, I would rebook. Enjoy the regular YC first and at some point if you want to splurge ....

We are platinum on NCL and sail in the Haven. When NCL switched to a bidding upgrade, the prices of the Haven increased in thousands.  I was waiting for this to happen with MSC, and I guess it did.  I have my third MSC YC booked the week after President's week in February and paid $3,700. Last I checked about two weeks ago, it was over $1,000 more.  I still sail Haven since my adult kids and dh like the nightlife much better (have Encore booked July 2020) but the high prices pushed my February cruises with my mom to YC.  If 2021 is too high, I'm jumping ship and will look at another line.  Love RCCL too but only sail balconies there since I like the ship within a ship feeling.

3 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi,

We've sailed on Royal (3 cruises), Celebrity (2) and NCL (1).  We've only been in a suite once on NCL in Haven on the Escape.  We really loved the Haven experience but we've also loved all our cruises.  I like the premium experience of a Haven but still looking for it at a reasonable price.  I may not find this until I retire and am able to take advantage of last minute deals.  

I recently booked MSC Seaside for 8/29/2020.  We got Royal Suite for 6824 for 2 of us + 300 obc.  We'll get 5% when we sign up for their rewards pgm.  Our TA told us this is a fantastic rate but I can't decide if it's worth it.  I do like that if you add 2 additional people to the reservation that they get the beverage package.  But price went up to almost 10K if I remember correctly.

I'm considering cancelling and trying YC in deluxe room to save money.  I know it's a much smaller room but you still get all the YC amenities.    Would this be a mistake?

I'd appreciate your feedback.  

Thanks

Cancel the suite, get the deluxe, and save yourself some money. You'll still get all of the YC perks which is what I've heard every happy YC fan rave about. Also, if MSC introduces the bidding program (similar to NCL's), you could always try to bid on a suite and get it for less. Win-win! 

7 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

My family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) sailed in a YC deluxe on Seaview.  It was great!  I really did not feel like it was that small of a room at all.  Depending on the price difference at this point I'd totally consider a deluxe vs the RS if I were you.  You do lose a couple of perks, like a hot tub and massive balcony, and a cabana on the pool deck.  But the rest of the YC amenities are the same.