How do you carry a walker on a scooter?

illiniwahoo

This will be my parents first cruise after my dad's stroke.   He can do short distances with a walker, and otherwise needs a wheelchair. We are renting a scooter for the cruise. My dad has gotten pretty good about holding the walker while someone else pushes the wheelchair. But with the scooter, he will obviously need to drive it.  What do you do with the walker, other than have one of us carry it?  

Bring some long Velcro strips, or a couple of bungee cords to secure it to the scooter (and keep it closed) while Dad is motoring around. That might work and save having one of you carry it. Hope you all have a great cruise!

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, illiniwahoo said:

This will be my parents first cruise after my dad's stroke.   He can do short distances with a walker, and otherwise needs a wheelchair. We are renting a scooter for the cruise. My dad has gotten pretty good about holding the walker while someone else pushes the wheelchair. But with the scooter, he will obviously need to drive it.  What do you do with the walker, other than have one of us carry it?  

Find out what kind of scooter you are getting, look at pictures, and than use vecro, or purchase an attachment.  Get creative. 

• 2 weeks later...