Photo package?

KG2019

Pictures cost about $25 each. It is up to you to determine if more that 8 will be taken. Just have a photo taken at every event. It is worth more when there is at least a couple in the cabin since at long as one person is in the photo it is covered. I believe you also get a USB drive with digital copies.

We got it for our 15 day cruise last December.  I haven't counted exactly, but I'm guessing we came home with at least 150 photos.  I'm planning on having copies made of the best ones and framing them for the Grandparents as holiday gifts. IMO, it was well worth the money.  I won't buy it for our upcoming cruise, but it was great to get all those family pictures.  You do get a cruise ship USB with all of your photos on it as well as the printed copies.

Edited by atobols
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KG2019 said:

Can anyone tell me if the photo packages are worth it?   $200 seems like a lot?  How many pictures does one buy on an average?  Thanks

How many days?

We had $199 for our 21 day.

If it is a 7 day not so much.  🤔

3 hours ago, KG2019 said:

Can anyone tell me if the photo packages are worth it?   $200 seems like a lot?  How many pictures does one buy on an average?  Thanks

Worth it for many.   👍

On my recent 7 day Princess cruise, an elderly couple  had purchased the photo package.   The couple told me they  had  500 photos of them on the cruise.  They liked looking at photos of themselves dressed up.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Worth it for many.   👍

On my recent 7 day Princess cruise, an elderly couple  had purchased the photo package.   The couple told me they  had  500 photos of them on the cruise.  They liked looking at photos of themselves dressed up.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

70 ! pictures a day ?????

• Haha 1

I have 2 cruises coming up -- a 7 day and a 12 day.  The photo package is available on my personalizer for the 7 day, but not the 12 day.  I personally wouldn't find it cost effective for the 7 day, but I am a little disappointed it's not available for the 12 day, as we would probably take advantage of it.  

On 6/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, atobols said:

We got it for our 15 day cruise last December.  I haven't counted exactly, but I'm guessing we came home with at least 150 photos.  I'm planning on having copies made of the best ones and framing them for the Grandparents as holiday gifts. IMO, it was well worth the money.  I won't buy it for our upcoming cruise, but it was great to get all those family pictures.  You do get a cruise ship USB with all of your photos on it as well as the printed copies.

How do you end up getting so many photos? I want the package but I don't know how there will be that many opportunities for pictures.

We cruise as a large group and each of the cabin's usually gets the package.  There are photo areas set up most nights and all the ladies enjoy getting their pictures taken.  We also had individual family photos and all the kids take group photos.  When you include the embarkation, gangplank and dining room photos, there are plenty of pictures to be had. 

On our last two group cruises, we came home with 174 and 197 pictures, for just our cabin.  My wife and I took a cruise, just the two of us, for our anniversary and came home with 75 photos.  If you want to take photos, you can easily make it worth the money.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about photo packages. We bought one last time we were on the Diamond Princess, as well as for a cruise we unfortunately had to cancel in April. We have just booked a new one on that ship, and I can’t seem to find the all inclusive photo package as an option?? Is it no longer available?

1 hour ago, Globehoppers said:

Its one of the highest earning scams for the cruise ship.

Our last three cruises, we walked off with 274, 247 and 157 photos, plus the digital copies. We had friends and family on the first two cruises, so we were able to get a lot of photos with them. 

Based on these numbers, we paid $0.73, $0.81 and $1.27 per photo on each cruise. Sounds like I scammed them. 

• Like 1

We were doing a back to back (Panama Canal), so 15 days each cruise(on board for 30 days). Had the photo package for the first cruise.Traveling with  4 friends, we took lots of group photos and it was fun. As long as we were in the photos with our friends, all were included in our package. We shared our photos with them too so all of us benefited. Right before we started the second cruise, asked in Photo department how much if we decided to continue with the next cruise. It was $50.00 so we did it . Had some other friends joining us on board and thought it would be a nice present for them to join us on the photo taking.The best thing was unexpected. There were friends that also were on board that we hadn't seen in many years and we did photos with them too.They were a family that we did our very first cruise with in 1978. We came home with close to 100 photos. Now that is the problem, what to do with all of them. We had some very cute photos leaving the ship in ports with our friends. Also besides the formal night photos, there were photos that were more casual with props set up.

5 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

We were doing a back to back (Panama Canal), so 15 days each cruise(on board for 30 days). Had the photo package for the first cruise.Traveling with  4 friends, we took lots of group photos and it was fun. As long as we were in the photos with our friends, all were included in our package. We shared our photos with them too so all of us benefited. Right before we started the second cruise, asked in Photo department how much if we decided to continue with the next cruise. It was $50.00 so we did it . Had some other friends joining us on board and thought it would be a nice present for them to join us on the photo taking.The best thing was unexpected. There were friends that also were on board that we hadn't seen in many years and we did photos with them too.They were a family that we did our very first cruise with in 1978. We came home with close to 100 photos. Now that is the problem, what to do with all of them. We had some very cute photos leaving the ship in ports with our friends. Also besides the formal night photos, there were photos that were more casual with props set up.

One of the thing after getting the package on the last trip.  We took pictures each day and multiple on the formal nights.  Kids weren't really happy about taking all the pictures but we love having them.  We came home and made a coffee table book from shutterfly.  So easy to make a 20 page book.  You could do one for you and your friends and send it to them.

• Like 1

We just took a 13 day Japan cruise. We booked it as 13 days, but Princess broke it up into 2 cruises (8 day and 5 day). Our photo package was only good for the first portion. If we wanted the photos from the 5 day cruise, we had to buy another package or purchase the photos individually. It wasn't always like this, though.