MTD Wait List Question

We are sailing on the Allure in November and have MTD scheduled. My son and his friend just booked this cruise but said that MTD was not available and that he is on a wait list. He did reserve traditional early seating as a back up. What does my son need to do to secure his MTD reservation so that they can join us each night and not have to go to early traditional dining without us?

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

We are sailing on the Allure in November and have MTD scheduled. My son and his friend just booked this cruise but said that MTD was not available and that he is on a wait list. He did reserve traditional early seating as a back up. What does my son need to do to secure his MTD reservation so that they can join us each night and not have to go to early traditional dining without us?

Thanks!

If he does not clear the wait list by the time of the cruise, then go to the MTD desk at the entrance to the dining room as soon as you board and try to make the change there.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, Hogbay said:

board early as possible and go strait to MTD desk also early sitting is too early for us , second sitting 👌

I agree. Early seating is too early.  Late seating is preferred so you can enjoy pre-dinner cocktails. Who wants to get ready for dinner at 3:00. 

On 6/22/2019 at 12:48 PM, Host Clarea said:

If he does not clear the wait list by the time of the cruise, then go to the MTD desk at the entrance to the dining room as soon as you board and try to make the change there.

Thanks Bob.  My son called RCCL today and they were happy to lift his waitlist and assign him to MTD. 

7 hours ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

Thanks Bob.  My son called RCCL today and they were happy to lift his waitlist and assign him to MTD. 

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.

On another thread a poster offered an email address.  Rcdining@rccl.com  I sent an email on the week end, our cruise is July 13th; but so far have not had a reply that even acknowledges receipt of my request.  Maybe, I'm a tad impatient. 😞

I've had the experience of going to correct a dining error, and I'd rather not spend my embarkation waiting my turn to make the adjustment yes, I'm impatient... sigh. 

4 minutes ago, evelyn51 said:

On another thread a poster offered an email address.  Rcdining@rccl.com  I sent an email on the week end, our cruise is July 13th; but so far have not had a reply that even acknowledges receipt of my request.  Maybe, I'm a tad impatient. 😞

I've had the experience of going to correct a dining error, and I'd rather not spend my embarkation waiting my turn to make the adjustment yes, I'm impatient... sigh. 

They usually don't act on requests until 2-3 weeks before the cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 9:23 PM, CRUISEFOUR said:

Did your son just call the reservations number or was it a different department he called?

On 6/25/2019 at 9:24 PM, mattR said:

Did your son just call the reservations number or was it a different department he called?

He just called the main reservation number. I’m not sure if we being diamond played a part in his success.