Portland Cruise Terminal

artvlay

Need advice.  Taking a cruise and a group of passengers are taking a tour.  I don't remember the inside of the terminal to tell people where to meet. Any suggestions where about 25 can get together before going on the tour? 

9 hours ago, artvlay said:

Thought of walking off the ship together but ship docks two hours earlier and some people may have walked off earlier. 

And if that's the case, maybe they'll be walking around town and have no reason to return to the pier.  Why not all meet where your mailboat leaves from?   (Plus, that's a lot of people you might be waiting around for if you are someplace other than where your tour leaves.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a small tourist building as you leave the ship, after walking down the pier.  You will have to go back thru this building to get back on the ship. This would be a good place to meet up. Lots of people hang out there for a while before getting back on the ship. Has seating and restrooms.

15 hours ago, barbeyg said:

There is a small tourist building as you leave the ship, after walking down the pier.  You will have to go back thru this building to get back on the ship. This would be a good place to meet up. Lots of people hang out there for a while before getting back on the ship. Has seating and restrooms.

Sounds like a good place to meet. So, if I tell people to meet in the building before you exit to the street in front of the port?

17 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Sounds like a good place to meet. So, if I tell people to meet in the building before you exit to the street in front of the port?

Yes. You will exit the ship, walk down the pier, take a left and walk further down the pier, and run into the building as soon as you exit the end of the pier. I don’t remember what it is called, but they have rockers and benches (inside and out), a tourist desk, lots of brochure racks, etc. Can’t miss the place.  Tours board buses outside this building to the left of the building facing the town.

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

Yes. You will exit the ship, walk down the pier, take a left and walk further down the pier, and run into the building as soon as you exit the end of the pier. I don’t remember what it is called, but they have rockers and benches (inside and out), a tourist desk, lots of brochure racks, etc. Can’t miss the place.  Tours board buses outside this building to the left of the building facing the town.

Thank you for all your help.

3 hours ago, artvlay said:

Thank you for all your help.

No problem, and I wrote left when I should have said RIGHT. As my husband would say, it’s my other left. lol

As you are walking down the dock, you will turn right, not left. 🙂 Sorry about that!