P&O Shore excursion to Alhambra Spain.

Sascha11

Never done a P & O excursion to The Alhambra, but have done it ourselves whilst in Spain - well worth a visit. Granada is a beautiful city and the Palace is gorgeous.   It sure how long the journey from Malaga port would take however as we did an overnight stay in Granada from near Marbella and it was quite a journey. However P & O will have it all sussed out.

Like Hobson I have not done this from a cruise ship but while staying in the area. The palace is definitely worth a visit. Beautiful gardens and stunning architecture within. A place not to be missed. The history of the place is fascinating and if you get a good guide they will bring all the stories to life.

What I would say however is that it is really hot (very little shade in some areas) and a lot of walking from the coach park and to get between buildings. The palace and gardens are on a large site.

Take a hat, sun cream and lots of water if you go.

I have only visited the Alhambra from Malaga with Cunard (Caronia) and we were in port until late.  I don't think P&O port times allow sufficient time to get there and back and tour the palace.

Its a long journey from Malaga to the Alhambra in hot weather - a good 2 hours each way.  If you are unlikely to visit Andalucia again I would say go for it but there is so much to see in Malaga itself if you decide against the excursion.

Edited by campolady
  • Like 2

I agree with the other posts.  It is a lovely place to visit but you will spend at least 4 hours on a coach (in total) and Granada is very hot in Summer if that is when you are going.  It is often 40C/104F or more in the Summer months.  Malaga is not as stunning as the Alhambra but is a lovely and under-rated city to explore.