3930 Excursions decimated

MBP&O2/O

We are not amused.

Tomorrow is 'booking' day for excursions on our forthcoming cruise. The main reason for this cruise (3930) was the visits to Israel, coupled with an overnight in Ashdod which allowed for maximum flexibility regarding visiting historical sites.

We had a rough idea as to what we wanted but when I checked today the 'sample list' for Ashdod has been decimated. 
The eleven sample offerings have been reduced to just four private charters ... either a van or a car. Four excursions for an overnight stop?
There were two excursions we were interested in and both have been deleted from the initial sample list.

I don't mind sharing a van with another party but, for example, if Mr & Mrs B book a  van and then Mr & Mrs Z book one, will SS suggest a sharing option or will four people end up with two vans  .... each with two passengers .. at the appropriate / inflated price of course.

The port of Haifa has also reduced availability, but in this case the one that we wanted is still on offer ... maybe ... perhaps.

The absurdity of it is that Rhodes, an 8x4 day, has 15 excursions to choose from? 

Whereas I can see their CYA comment about 'change without notice' I am wholly unimpressed at the reduced number of options now on offer, and in fact had this listing been shown at the outset I would have looked elsewhere.

Do we think that more excursions may be added (or re-added?) to the listings at a later date.

I don't know what is going on with this cruise but a few weeks ago there were only verandah suites available, then it was 'wait-listed' across the board ... then the verandahs became available again, at an increased price, and then a few days later everything was again shown 'wait-listed'. Now suites are again shown as available but again the price has increased.

Opinions welcomed.

Hi MBP  & O2/O

I can understand your disappointment, however why don't you have a look at Tours by Locals.  They are a Canadian company that we have used all over the world for some years.

Look on their website toursbylocals.com for Ashdod or indeed any port, and they will list a number of shorexs/tours, and then give a list of people doing which tour and a description of that person individually.  You pay the company and not the tour guide.  You can also customise a tour with the tour guide in advance.

We are in fact doing a private tour in a couple of days in Kotor.

Hope this helps, and wish you luck.

Kindest Regards

Master Echo

Many thanks ... that is what I was considering ..... however the listings have been updated ... sort of?

It you look at the website then one port has only the four private trips shown but logging into ‘my silversea’ there are many more? They are different to the initial samples but at least we have a choice now ... handy when they are charging mega-bucks for the private tours. Upwards of $900 .... ouch!

As for the second point I asked about .... we are now back to the ‘waitlisted’ scenario.

Ah well ... only 120 days to go ....

Very interesting!  We are booked on the upcoming Silver Spirit voyages Venice to Athens to Dubai and will be at the Ashdod port on October 28 and 29.  I also saw several days ago that the

Ashdod tours had been eliminated , except for the privatos, on the Silversea website and have been very concerned.  We are still three days away from being able to book tours on our My Silversea account, so we are now hopeful that they will reappear there, as they have for you. This is really bizarre. 

And thank you, Master Echo, we will also check out Tours By Locals.

Wellseasoned ... the excursions are back ... very similar to what was there but not quite the same. They did not reappear until the 120 day booking date ... copies attached.

No excursions listed on the web site per se .... only on ‘my silversea’?

The private tours mean taking out a second mortgage!

and the ‘waitlist’ is no more and suites are once again on sale?

Again!

2F59A78D-494C-4D58-81CC-F01C8F2BF4E2.png

E183B044-FE8F-4BF8-A9FE-EFF323B72966.png

EE15E3F3-48D4-413F-8E65-F13512714A6C.png

Edited by MBP&O2/O

Regarding the tour I mentioned in Kotor.  Have just returned and was extremely satisfied with Tours by Locals and if anyone is visiting Kotor, he comes highly recommended, Aleksandar M.

Kindest regards

Master Echo