Edge SV 11275 - Is Bed by Bath?

caroak

I think SV 11275 has bed by bath but no notch on the deck plan like with IV cabins.  Can anyone confirm?  We prefer bed by slider but this cabin is in the center so looks like larger balcony space.  Other SV options are more to the sides.  

We had and IV with bed by veranda on May/June Med cruise and enjoyed laying in bed and looking at the sea although the space was cramped.  If bed was by the bath seems there would not be as easy access to the closet.  We would like to try an SV with regular balcony and aft view..  This is for Feb. Western Caribbean so it will probably be sunnier than it was in the Med and also we'll be on the ship more with this itinerary.   We don't do sun so wondering if it might be too hot and sunny on the SV balcony during the day.

4 hours ago, caroak said:

I think SV 11275 has bed by bath but no notch on the deck plan like with IV cabins.  Can anyone confirm?  We prefer bed by slider but this cabin is in the center so looks like larger balcony space.  Other SV options are more to the sides.  

We had and IV with bed by veranda on May/June Med cruise and enjoyed laying in bed and looking at the sea although the space was cramped.  If bed was by the bath seems there would not be as easy access to the closet.  We would like to try an SV with regular balcony and aft view..  This is for Feb. Western Caribbean so it will probably be sunnier than it was in the Med and also we'll be on the ship more with this itinerary.   We don't do sun so wondering if it might be too hot and sunny on the SV balcony during the day.

I believe it is by the bathroom, as 11274 is by the balcony...I also "think" that the closet is in the hallway, as you walk into the cabin.  If I am wrong, please share!  I was in the corner aft S1 with the closet in close quarters, but did see 11274 and have it booked for next May in the Med.

Edited by Lastdance

VT, thanks for the deck plan.  I believe it's from The Luxury Cruise Company site and I can see the bed notches.  We might not be getting that cabin since we  may have to change the cruise date.  I booked Feb. 2 and just found out that's Super Bowl Sunday and it's in Miami.  There are no hotel rooms available in the Ft. Lauderdale area unless we want to pay $550 for the Holiday Inn Express so back to the drawing board.

Also, I remember you being in an aft cabin and was wondering if it gets a lot of sun during the day.  

1 minute ago, caroak said:

VT, thanks for the deck plan.  I believe it's from The Luxury Cruise Company site and I can see the bed notches.  We might not be getting that cabin since we  may have to change the cruise date.  I booked Feb. 2 and just found out that's Super Bowl Sunday and it's in Miami.  There are no hotel rooms available in the Ft. Lauderdale area unless we want to pay $550 for the Holiday Inn Express so back to the drawing board.

Also, I remember you being in an aft cabin and was wondering if it gets a lot of sun during the day.  

Oh wow, that's too bad about the lack of hotels. The SV balconies are partly covered and partly open. I would think that depending on the time of day and direction of the ship, it could get pretty sunny on those balconies at times. Being too sunny hasn't been reported much - I think I remember one person mentioning that it has the potential for getting full sun.  Maybe someone will comment here.

What about 7312 EDGE... Tech challenged,,,could not make this larger but seems to have a bed notch by the balcony...hope so...bed by closet in the photo above  looks tight

Celebrity_Edge_Deck_7_45093.jpg

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, caroak said:

Bummer

Maybe you could fly into Tampa, Orlando,  Jacksonville or Ft Myers or Palm Beach and stay a bit further away....and then drive to port for your cruise..Superbowl week and week of the boat show are killers!

There are   also some nice hotels near Miramar..Hilton etc.. check port board for ideas...

Edited by hcat

hcat, we have a long haul from CA to FL so don't want to add more travel getting to the Fort Lauderdale.  I called the Holiday Inn directly and little better rate but still almost $500 w/tax.  They offer a shuttle to the port for $10 pp which would be convenient especially since it's Super Bowl Sunday and don't not want to count on Uber's availability or a taxi.  We could do the Feb. 16 cruise but it's President's Day week so maybe too many kids.  Also some of the other cruise dates have a higher fare so six of one half a dozen of another.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

For APEX  we have 9312...same question???

Both 7312 and 9312 are by the balconies.

We have one SV booked with bed by the balcony on the Edge and on the Apex by the bath. It will be interesting to compare. 🙂