Disney Fantasy

Tigerman4LSU

7 minutes ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

Anyone recently off the Fantasy?  What shows did they have for a seven night cruise?  How was the food?

George

Well, the production shows on the Fantasy are Aladdin, Wishes (until October) and Believe.

The individual entertainers change out from cruise to cruise.

On Fantasy the first week of June. Agree with poster above about shows. We didn't go to any (too 'kiddy' for us), but younger people in our party enjoyed the ones they went to, although they said they were a bit long for the littlest ones (toddlers). We enjoyed the more casual music on board - excellent guitarist and violinist.

As to food, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food in the buffet and MDRs. We thought it was a cut above Norwegian Breakaway and a cut below Windstar. We enjoyed all our MDR meals in the different venues - always lots of choices we were interested in trying for all three/four courses. I particularly enjoyed the lamb and seafood choices at dinner. Didn't have a bad meal the whole time. Not a buffet fan generally but thought the choices/food were fine there. We didn't try specialty dining, but some of our family enjoyed Palo.

Edited by BirdandBaby
misspelled word

On 6/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, BirdandBaby said:

On Fantasy the first week of June. Agree with poster above about shows. We didn't go to any (too 'kiddy' for us), but younger people in our party enjoyed the ones they went to, although they said they were a bit long for the littlest ones (toddlers). We enjoyed the more casual music on board - excellent guitarist and violinist.

As to food, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food in the buffet and MDRs. We thought it was a cut above Norwegian Breakaway and a cut below Windstar. We enjoyed all our MDR meals in the different venues - always lots of choices we were interested in trying for all three/four courses. I particularly enjoyed the lamb and seafood choices at dinner. Didn't have a bad meal the whole time. Not a buffet fan generally but thought the choices/food were fine there. We didn't try specialty dining, but some of our family enjoyed Palo.

We will be on Disney Fantasy this September.  Thanks for the positive comments, especially the food.

• Like 1

We also were on the Fantasy the first week of June to the Western Caribbean and really enjoyed the beauty of the ship. As for the shows; My wife (53), my daughter (21), and myself (55) enjoyed the shows, especially Aladdin. What I was disappointed in myself was the main dining rooms. Sure they were incredible to see and Animators Palate was a lot of fun, but I was disappointed in our service and the food for me was just "OK" Maybe my expectations were just too high. But what was the shocker was how terrible our servers were. Asking for a refill on a soda and waiting over 20 minutes is not acceptable. Another night we ordered adult beverages, our server took my Keys to the World card to charge to the room. 30 minutes into the meal I asked her if she still had my card. She told me that she would get it for me shortly. I reminded her again after our meal about 20 minutes later that we were wanted to leave. It took her over 15 minutes to get the card. 

As for the other dining venues on the ship. I was not disappointed at all. I'm not a fan of buffets, but the breakfast buffet was very good with an excellent variety of options including some turkey bacon and turkey sausage that was a nice surprise for me. Also, the servers were outstanding. We only did the lunch buffet once, but we were very happy with it as well. My impression of Cabana's was a good one.

Now Remy and Palo were outstanding. I had a reservation for Remy dinner our second night, got a Palo brunch a few weeks before sailing on our second sea day (very lucky in the middle of the night) and a dinner at Palo. After our final encounter in the main dining room I tried to book a Palo dinner after our brunch and couldn't get one, but I was able to get Remy. More than I wanted to pay, but I really didn't want to eat in the main dining rooms again.

So in short, I loved Remy, Really loved Palo both the brunch and dinner, enjoyed Cabana's, and was disappointed in the main dining rooms and the service. Everything else about the ship and the cruise I just absolutely loved. I booked a Mediterranean cruise for next year with Disney on-board our second night, but cancelled when I got home. Just not sure of the dining. Perhaps it was just an off team of servers I had and that made my attitude toward the food a bit indifferent. 

I know it's a completely different experience in cruising, but for my daughters college graduation next year, I just booked a nice relaxing and quiet cruise to Alaska with Silversea on the Silver Muse. I love the hustle and bustle of Disney and have been DVC members for many years, but on a cruise I just want to relax, enjoy the time and have some incredible good food. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with your servers. That is the exception rather than the rule. When you had your initial problem, you should have spoken to the head server immediately. At worst, you could ask for a new table, at best, the serving team would be spoken to and the situation corrected. 

• 2 months later...

I find it very hard to believe any server was inefficient, unfriendly, or otherwise inferior.  We've taken four Disney cruises with children. Our last one we took our whole family to celebrate out 50th.  We have over 45 cruises under our belts and are about to leave on another Disney Cruise Oct. 12.  No servers compare to Disney's.  They are delightful with the children, are unfailingly efficient.  You must have gotten a bad apple who had not been in the basket very long.

12 hours ago, GrandmaHofmann said:

I find it very hard to believe any server was inefficient, unfriendly, or otherwise inferior.  We've taken four Disney cruises with children. Our last one we took our whole family to celebrate out 50th.  We have over 45 cruises under our belts and are about to leave on another Disney Cruise Oct. 12.  No servers compare to Disney's.  They are delightful with the children, are unfailingly efficient.  You must have gotten a bad apple who had not been in the basket very long.

Oh, it happens. Even on Disney. While in 17 cruises, we've never had a bad server, we've heard enough stories. thankfully, it's the exception, not the rule. But Disney is like any other company. Once in a while a server under performs, but they are very good at rectifying the situation.