Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
philpcruiser

BUEI: Worth visiting?

I just saw the website for the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.  Can anyone who has visited there provide an opinion?  Is it worth the time to visit?  Is it just for kids?  What about their tour around Hamilton?  Is it worth it?

We're big fans. DH and I enjoyed it in our early 20s. DD loved it when she was 6 and 12. It is one of the places she says we have to go back to. 

10 hours ago, canadian girl 77 said:

We're big fans. DH and I enjoyed it in our early 20s. DD loved it when she was 6 and 12. It is one of the places she says we have to go back to. 

Thanks.  Somehow DW found this place.  We've been to Bermuda 2x.  Had not heard of this place until now. 

We found this by Googling Bermuda Triangle tours. It wasn’t advertised by the ship but weirdly enough there was a sign there saying it’s sponsored by Royal Caribbean Cruises (We were on the Celebrity Silhouette). We were almost alone on our visit and it was the best stop of our cruise. We loved the virtual ride through the Bermuda Triangle and looking at all the different theories for the disappearances. There are other sections too and my husband loved the 3D glasses virtual ride on the Americas Cup boat. I liked the Titanic information and a few other areas too. Definitely worth a visit.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:23 PM, Missmiaow said:

We found this by Googling Bermuda Triangle tours. It wasn’t advertised by the ship but weirdly enough there was a sign there saying it’s sponsored by Royal Caribbean Cruises (We were on the Celebrity Silhouette). We were almost alone on our visit and it was the best stop of our cruise. We loved the virtual ride through the Bermuda Triangle and looking at all the different theories for the disappearances. There are other sections too and my husband loved the 3D glasses virtual ride on the Americas Cup boat. I liked the Titanic information and a few other areas too. Definitely worth a visit.

Cool, thanks.  Could be a hidden gem in bermuda.   We are not into the shopping scene.  A good way to spend part of our day

14 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Cool, thanks.  Could be a hidden gem in bermuda.   We are not into the shopping scene.  A good way to spend part of our day

Not hidden, you just did not know about it 😀  I think TripAdvisor rates it as one of the top attractions there. Most probably would not go to Hamilton to only go to BUEI.  While you are In Hamilton there are a few other things to do besides shopping there. I suggest Fort Hamilton and the moat under the fort. The cathedral, good view from the cathedral tower,  Queen Elizabeth Park and the National Gallery.