E bike excursion

Shidah

Has anyone gone on the E-bike excursion in Bermuda.  I see two listed.  Just how physical is it?  Do the e-bikes only help you go, or do most of the work?  If the terrain was flat,  I don’t think it would an issue.  Not sure how hilly the terrain is though.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!

11 hours ago, Shidah said:

Has anyone gone on the E-bike excursion in Bermuda.  I see two listed.  Just how physical is it?  Do the e-bikes only help you go, or do most of the work?  If the terrain was flat,  I don’t think it would an issue.  Not sure how hilly the terrain is though.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!

We did e-bikes on a California trip in April and they do most/all of the work if you want them to. Great fun.

17 hours ago, Shidah said:

I would check for TripAdvisor reviews. All the E-bikes I have seen are pedal assist because all electric are not allowed here, so you still have to do some work. Which I personally think is good. Don’t know what kind they are using in Bermuda. The terrain is generally not flat in Bermuda but I don’t know where the tour will be taking you. 

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

Thanks I will check out TripAdvisor.  I would be looking for the electric assist to do 99% of the work!

I could not find any reviews on TripAdvisor. I saw two E Bike tours offered among my Oceania excursions for my August cruise. One out of St. George's and one out of Hamiltion.  If those are the excursions my read is that some pedaling effort is required. They sound good to me but the same excursions as priced thru Oceania seem overpriced. Maybe NCL has the same two excursions at a lower price?  I booked without OBC. Of the two  excursions they list I think the Coopers Island one would not be difficult even with some pedal effort.  The one out of Hamiltion probobly requires more effort and stamina.  Anyhow the two Oceania offers the description says  "pick up your e-bike, an electric-enhanced bicycle. The e-bike will boost your pedal power, allowing you to ride farther and negotiate hills with considerably less effort" 

Edited by Charles4515