HoHo bus in Copenhagen and Oslo

On 6/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, P&O SUE said:

Oh no! Thanks

Oslo was easily walkable,even as far as the park with the statues.No probs with credit card in Copenhagen,could be a compatible thing with American cc.Only problem is if you get an early bus like we did,they dump you off at the river harbour tour dock way before the 1st sailing.Just so they can get back for more passengers.All the ports did that.I recommend the combo ticket.the river and harbour tour was good,the buses were a bit rammed though.The red buses do 10% discount at subsequent ports,so hang on to the tickets.PS I forget if it is a river or canal,lol.

20 hours ago, brian1 said:

Oslo was easily walkable,even as far as the park with the statues.No probs with credit card in Copenhagen,could be a compatible thing with American cc.Only problem is if you get an early bus like we did,they dump you off at the river harbour tour dock way before the 1st sailing.Just so they can get back for more passengers.All the ports did that.I recommend the combo ticket.the river and harbour tour was good,the buses were a bit rammed though.The red buses do 10% discount at subsequent ports,so hang on to the tickets.PS I forget if it is a river or canal,lol.

Thanks Brian, I have heard the buses can be full but we are in port until 10pm in Copenhagen so we have plenty of time.

I have never needed a PIN with my CC in Europe, as recent as last summer.  They are familiar with US cards and will simply use the 'signature method' as needed.

What's funny is I HAVE a PIN for my CC but most of the time the US VISA card was still popping a "sign it". Only time that wasn't an option was when buying a train ticket from a machine in UK.  I entered my PIN and away we went . . . .