Miami

tamc321

You'll be off the ship by 9:30am. I assume you'd be at the airport by about 4:00. That leaves roughly 6 hours. If you're pool people a day pass would be great, especially with luggage. The only hotel I know is the Delano and I don't know if they do that. There are also tours you can take. There are also public beaches that have showers, just not sure how you'd handle luggage.

4 hours ago, tamc321 said:

We will be docking in Miami on September 16,2019. We have a 5:50 flight. Is it worth doing a hotel daypass? If so which one?

Definitely do a day pass. I use hotelsbyday.com

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

You'll be off the ship by 9:30am. I assume you'd be at the airport by about 4:00. That leaves roughly 6 hours. If you're pool people a day pass would be great, especially with luggage. The only hotel I know is the Delano and I don't know if they do that. There are also tours you can take. There are also public beaches that have showers, just not sure how you'd handle luggage.

Thanks Jenny

• Like 1

I think you'll be off the ship earlier...they want you GONE!  A day room is a great way to spend the day.  A place to keep your things...bathroom/shower, pool, restaurant, tv, etc...

If the cost of changing to an earlier flight is less than a day room..change the flight.  Otherwise, get the room.

I am not a big fan of hotel day passes when coming off a ship in Florida.  Consider that you are generally disembarking well rested, fed, and clean :).  You really do not need a room to sleep or a place to clean up.  You can make a case to use a hotel to get access to a pool (or perhaps a beach) if that is your goal.  But another solution is to simply rent a car for the day and store your luggage in the trunk.  You then have the freedom to do what you please and the car will generally cost you less money then a day room.  You pick up the car in the morning, do a few touristy things, and then drop the car at the airport when it is time.

Hank

• Like 1