Cape Liberty, NJ parking

mompells

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

If you don’t need a hotel room, it’s cheaper to park at the pier.

The OP posted that they live 2 hours away, so a hotel room might be nice but certainly not necessary for the Oasis

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zocko123 said:

Is it easy to drop off luggage at pier at cape liberty and then park  in the garage?

Yes.  The drop off is first and then you roll around the corner to the garage entrance.

5 hours ago, zocko123 said:

Is it easy to drop off luggage at pier at cape liberty and then park  in the garage?

As I have said many times, with three ships in for the summer, parking is still guaranteed, but it may not be in the garage. It may be surface parking.

17 hours ago, bayonnejoe said:

As I have said many times, with three ships in for the summer, parking is still guaranteed, but it may not be in the garage. It may be surface parking.

I assume you still drop your luggage off first regardless.  My dh usually drops me and our luggage off then parks.  If he tried the garage first and can't find parking can he easily go from there to surface parking?  Would he have to pay if he can't find a spot??

49 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I assume you still drop your luggage off first regardless.  My dh usually drops me and our luggage off then parks.  If he tried the garage first and can't find parking can he easily go from there to surface parking?  Would he have to pay if he can't find a spot??

A lot of folks drop their luggage off first, but some just go to the garage or other parking and roll it to the terminal (the garage has elevators).

If the garage is full, it should not be open.  He will not have to pay.  The route to the surface parking should be marked.  Basically you continue on the road and make a left and another left to get to the surface parking.  This was the way it worked the last time I parked, but perhaps someone can confirm.

You get a receipt which you take with you on the cruise.  When you disembark you pay at one of the machines with cash or credit cards. No $100 bills.j

7 minutes ago, 138east said:

A lot of folks drop their luggage off first, but some just go to the garage or other parking and roll it to the terminal (the garage has elevators).

If the garage is full, it should not be open.  He will not have to pay.  The route to the surface parking should be marked.  Basically you continue on the road and make a left and another left to get to the surface parking.  This was the way it worked the last time I parked, but perhaps someone can confirm.

You get a receipt which you take with you on the cruise.  When you disembark you pay at one of the machines with cash or credit card No $100 bills.j

Just verifying I read this right...we pay before we get to the lot or at the lot?

51 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Just verifying I read this right...we pay before we get to the lot or at the lot?

My bad. What I should have said was you get a ticket when you enter the garage or outdoor lot.  You take it with you.  When you disembark you go to one of the parking machines and pay by credit card or cash and get a receipt.  You use this receipt to get out of the parking garage or lot.  So the answer to your question is that you pay at the parking machines after the cruise.

Be sure to take the ticket and put it in your safe.  Otherwise you will be delayed leaving the port, which is an annoying way to end a vacation.

3 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Is it possible to reserve & prepurchase parking in the garage, like it is at Port Canaveral?

No.  In addition to the garage parking Cape Liberty has all the lot parking that was there before the new terminal and garage were built. The reports are that the Celebrity cruisers are parking in the outside lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love parking at Bayonne Cruise Parking.  It's about a mile from the terminal, with a free shuttle (about a five minute ride) and luggage assistance. Best of all, it's only $14 a day (parking at the cruise terminal garage is $22 a day).  

I'm not a paid spokesperson, just a happy repeat customer.  https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/

15 minutes ago, Tom.Kitten said:

I love parking at Bayonne Cruise Parking.  It's about a mile from the terminal, with a free shuttle (about a five minute ride) and luggage assistance. Best of all, it's only $14 a day (parking at the cruise terminal garage is $22 a day).  

I'm not a paid spokesperson, just a happy repeat customer.  https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/

I’m glad you’ve had a good experience with this parking.  Having said that I have to say that our out of town cruisers should understand that is not recommended.  Bayonne is a highly urban area and cruisers should be selective about where they ditch their car for a cruise.  This parking is a lot next to a storage facility that is open to the public during the day.  There are concerns about its licensing and insurance status, particularly for the shuttle operation.  Our posters who live in Bayonne do not recommend parking there.

1 minute ago, 138east said:

I’m glad you’ve had a good experience with this parking.  Having said that I have to say that our out of town cruisers should understand that is not recommended.  Bayonne is a highly urban area and cruisers should be selective about where they ditch their car for a cruise.  This parking is a lot next to a storage facility that is open to the public during the day.  There are concerns about its licensing and insurance status, particularly for the shuttle operation.  Our posters who live in Bayonne do not recommend parking there.

I'm surprised to hear that people are reporting bad experiences with this operation. Yes, the lot is next to a storage facility, but the lot itself appears to be gated and locked, as their website claims. My own experiences (I've used them for seven cruises in the past) have been good. I am a tiny bit skeptical of "Our posters who live in Bayonne do not recommend parking there." If they live in Bayonne, why would they be paying $14 a day to park anywhere? But in any case, I will take your information under advisement. At the very least, if I were to use them again, I'll probably spend the cruise worried about my car.

8 hours ago, Tom.Kitten said:

I'm surprised to hear that people are reporting bad experiences with this operation. Yes, the lot is next to a storage facility, but the lot itself appears to be gated and locked, as their website claims. My own experiences (I've used them for seven cruises in the past) have been good. I am a tiny bit skeptical of "Our posters who live in Bayonne do not recommend parking there." If they live in Bayonne, why would they be paying $14 a day to park anywhere? But in any case, I will take your information under advisement. At the very least, if I were to use them again, I'll probably spend the cruise worried about my car.

Good to see you will take the advice about NOT parking at the off site lot as it has many negative reviews and I am a one time user who will never use that facility again and strongly urge you and others not to park their.

To clear up some misrepresentations, and as a 7 time patron I am surprised you are not aware of them. 

First, the lot is not next to a storage facility, it is within the storage facility itself. This is important because while the storage facility does have a gated fence, the lot used for Bayonne cruiser parking is not fenced, gated or locked. You can look at Google maps and see there are still no fences/locked gates around the specific lot used for the off site parking. Only when the storage facility is closed at night, is the parking lot secured because the fence/gate of the storage facility is ONLY locked at this time. On the storage website, they state they are open 7 days a week and anyone has access to the cars in the cruise lot all 7 days. The web site does claim the parking lot is gated and locked but that is ONLY when the storage facility is closed for the day. As a 7 time user, I am surprised you never saw this, I noticed it the one and only time I used their parking lot and at that time it was operating under a different name, which is concerning in itself seeing how the operator (at that time) declared bankruptcy. It would not surprise me at all if it is the same operator using a different corporate name. They are still making the claim that their lot is gated and locked but again that is only between 7:30pm until 7:30 am M/F.

I am happy for you that your experiences have been good. I wish I could say the same. Seeing that their shuttle vehicles have no state of NJ certification numbers on them was another cause of concern for me, every other shuttle that I saw at Cape Liberty had such identification. I was also concerned that none of the shuttles used on the day I parked at their lot were used on the day of disembarking. Many suspected they were renting vehicles on a daily basis which of course would explain why they had no NJDOT numbers. As a 7 time user, you never noticed no NJDOT markings on their vehicles?

On disembarking day, their transport vehicles did not show at the time they were supposed to or at the time as told by their phone representatives, who eventually stopped answering any calls made by their numerous patrons who were patiently waiting for the vehicles to show but slowly losing patience as the wait extended more than 30 minutes.

When the rented vehicles did show it was chaos. Only 3 vehicles appeared and everyone wanted to get on 1 of the 3. I witnessed the first family in line, the family that placed the first call to the vendor informing them that cruisers were waiting for the return ride, have to leave 1 adult member behind because she was not quick enough to scramble into a vehicle when the line of people dashed to get a seat and ignored the order of the line. I witnessed a driver tell 1 of the family members that THEY could drive their own vehicle back to the cruise port to pick up the left behind family member!

I posted my experience with this off site parking facility when I returned home. A few days later, the vendor sent me an email offering a monetary savings on a future use if I posted a positive review online. I informed them I had posted on Cruise Critic. For some reason, they never sent me the coupon.😁

Again, I am glad you had no issues but I always repost my experience when I see posts praising the off site Bayonne parking facility and especially when false info is presented . I would not want those unfamiliar with this parking facility to be mislead.

Edited by meadowlander
misspelling

Thank you Meadowlander.  I remember your original post.  Even though I have no personal experience with this parking, I have read all the feedback on it from other cruisers and try to pass it along to others.  A look at Google earth will show the actual facility.  The lack of NJDOT numbers means that the shuttle vehicles being used are not licensed or INSURED to transport passengers.  Passengers are essentially ditching their car in an unlicensed facility and “hitchhiking” to the port with a stranger.  Caveat emptor.

I am leaving on the Celebrity Summit on Sept 2.2 this year. Someone recommended trinity reservations and I booked  though Ramada hotel and it was $220 for a room, parking for the 14 day cruise and a shuttle too the ship and back to the hotel.

Has anyone used this before.

Carol

2 hours ago, MELODY4307 said:

I am leaving on the Celebrity Summit on Sept 2.2 this year. Someone recommended trinity reservations and I booked  though Ramada hotel and it was $220 for a room, parking for the 14 day cruise and a shuttle too the ship and back to the hotel.

Carol

I have used Trinity for the Ramada and would use them again.  I’ve been using the train in the winter instead of driving to Cape Liberty.

Edited by 138east

2 hours ago, MELODY4307 said:

Carol

138east, the person who made the post immediately before yours, and whose name is coincidentally also Carol, certainly has and regularly recommends it.

Edit: I see Carol posted at about the same time I did.

Edited by njhorseman

On 7/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, MELODY4307 said:

I am leaving on the Celebrity Summit on Sept 22 this year. Someone recommended trinity reservations and I booked  though Ramada hotel and it was $220 for a room, parking for the 14 day cruise and a shuttle too the ship and back to the hotel.

Carol

Hi Carol: (s)

We have stayed there twice and the hotel is just ok.  There are many reviews about the hotel that you could research. 

Two months ago we used Trinity reservations (they perform a great service and provide great deals) to stay at Springhill suites instead.  The hotel is much nicer (about $80 more) but you get a private car instead of a group shuttle.  Service was fantastic.  Breakfast is included.

However we are cruising back to back for 28 days and the cost would go up $140 at the Springhill only $70 more at the Ramada Plaza which provides up to 21 days free parking.

I don't really want to go back to the Ramada but budget concerns might see us there.  Ramada $227 + $70 = $297 (extra parking) Springhill $298 + $140= $438

See you onboard Summit.