How early is too early

mamma t

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2022.  We want to take our entire family on an Alaskan cruise.  i'm wondering how early can we start looking and book a cruise?

Yes, mamma, I think it will be another year before you start to see schedules for 2022 AK cruises.  However, itineraries, certainly, do not change very much.  So, you can research itineraries and try to decide how long a cruise you would like to take, what ports/sites you would like to see, what embarkation/disembarkation ports would work best for you.  If you don't already have a preferred line, you can also start researching them.

Personal story, a few years ago we decided to celebrate our 40th Anniversary on a cruise.  In deciding what cruise to take my wife mentioned that  the 40th Anniversary gemstone was the Ruby.  Only women know that, but our decision was made.  We took a California Coastal cruise on the Ruby Princess.  This, unfortunately does not help you, because I think that after this year Princess is relocating the Ruby Princess, and it won't be doing the Alaska itineraries any more.  So, you are on your own.

Let me offer early congratulations to you and pappa on your milestone anniversary and Bon Voyage.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mamma t said:

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2022.  We want to take our entire family on an Alaskan cruise.  i'm wondering how early can we start looking and book a cruise?

You probably cannot book a 2022 cruise now, but you might want to start thinking/planning - perhaps even tracking prices on several lines/itineraries to see if they move and in what direction.  Of course every year is different, but if you are taking the “entire family”, pricing has to be a significant consideration.

• Like 1