P & O price reductions ......aaaarrrrggghhh

Faulknertm

We booked our inside cabin in June 2018. Cruising  out of Barbados in February 2020. We have been drip feeding money so the cost is covered over time rather than in one lump sum. 

We had to pay £100 to fly from Manchester 

if we booked the the cruise today there is no charge to fly from Manchester and it would be £350 each so a total of £700 LESS . GUTTED.  

I know now you should book when you are happy with the price but we have been bombarded with price reduction e mails so you do check. Now feeling really deflated. Called the travel agent knowing they can’t do anything but £700 is a bloody lot of money and nothing can be done. 

Anyone got got any ideas? Just know if we hadn’t booked they would have doubled in price. Feel we can’t win 

Edited by Faulknertm
Grammar

Oh, that's a tough one for you. 😮

One guess is that P&O aren't managing to fill their chartered aeroplanes out of MAN ...so they're urging the northerners on a little. :classic_rolleyes:

Depending on how much deposit you paid, you could cancel your original booking, and rebook at the new, lower cost.  I assume that the amount you have paid over and above the deposit could be credited to the new booking.  In future I would drop feed into a savings account, rather than let P&O have your money early. 

You could also post on the P&O board, but I don't think you will get too much sympathy - it's an unfortunate situation, but if the price  had increased by £700 you probably wouldn't be complaining. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Depending on how much deposit you paid, you could cancel your original booking, and rebook at the new, lower cost.  I assume that the amount you have paid over and above the deposit could be credited to the new booking.  In future I would drop feed into a savings account, rather than let P&O have your money early. 

You could also post on the P&O board, but I don't think you will get too much sympathy - it's an unfortunate situation, but if the price  had increased by £700 you probably wouldn't be complaining. 

Two good points -

a) always good to keep your options open: including walking away from a deposit if prices drop significantly, so you can re-book.

b) once you have committed yourself, do not check fares or talk to others who booked earlier or later than you —- the odds are very strong that someone will have done better than you, so why torment yourself?

• Like 1