New ships similar to Viking Ocean

Mrs Miggins

Just looked at some of the mock up photos of Spirit of Discovery.  We have done 3 Viking Ocean cruises and I must say the ships appear to have some similarities with the new Saga ships.  Differences appear to be that there is no retractible roof over the main swimming pool, but the Spa Pool looks exactly the same.  Passengers on Viking 930 as against 990 on Saga.  Both are all verandah.   The Saga Ship is slightly larger and I realise was built in a different shipyards.

Just off Azamara after our 10th cruise with them.   However the Viking ships are beautiful.  Will be interesting to compare as we are on Spirit of Discovery in early September.

Edited by Mrs Miggins

Have you looked at the actual interior photos of Spirit of Discovery? How does it compare?

We haven't cruised with them but have heard mixed reports.

Viking have a very new fleet and seem to have attracted a loyal following very quickly.

I hope that these new Saga ships will be as successful.

I believe the travel agents will be on board for the first look around this week. There is a Saga FB page I'm hoping for up dates and photos on there.

There have been some  photo's. I will see if I can find them again and link them.

Edited by Scorpio41
add information

We are on the September 5th Norway cruise on this new ship.  We also love Viking Ocean and Azamara so it will be interesting to do a comparison.

The latest video in the Spirit of Discovery thread is very interesting.