No Final Payment Reminder??

mnocket

Kinda bummed😒  I missed my final payment (I know my fault.  Life gets busy and things slip through the cracks).  Got an email today saying my Sep cruise booking was canceled.  Called MSC and they said it was canceled because the final payment date has passed (was 6/14).  Too bad price has gone up (yacht club) and it would cost me $400 more to reinstate the booking plus loss of $50 OBC.  I asked why they don't remind people that final payment date is coming up.  They said they send an email on final payment day and give you 24hrs to call and make payment.  I checked my email and I didn't receive such an email.  I know the ultimate responsibility is mine, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one who failed to get the reminder email?

27 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

I didn't get an email, although I think I may have gotten one from my TA; however, I also always put the date in my calendar as a reminder, plus a reminder or two a few weeks before that.  Sorry this happened for you. 

Yeah, in this case booking was direct - no TA.  This is one of those mistakes that you only make once.

Funny how with magazine subscriptions you start getting renewal notices months in advance.  They really don't want you to cancel.  Cruise lines - not so much.

2 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

Did you get your deposit back?  Maybe it would be worth it to pay the extra $400 anyway to get the booking back. 

I did actually pay to reinstate the booking.  They initially didn't credit the original deposit, but I did eventually get them to agree to do so.

That’s one of the reasons I use an online travel agency. Besides the 12-15 % in additional perks I get for using them, she has my cc number and makes the final payment. Coincidently, I got an e-mail today from them saying they were making my final payment Friday, for my cruise the beginning of October. I’ve done it this way for all 44 cruises with 0 problems.

13 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

That’s one of the reasons I use an online travel agency. Besides the 12-15 % in additional perks I get for using them, she has my cc number and makes the final payment. Coincidently, I got an e-mail today from them saying they were making my final payment Friday, for my cruise the beginning of October. I’ve done it this way for all 44 cruises with 0 problems.

I usually use a TA, but my regular choices don't book MSC so I booked direct.  Lesson learned.

I didn't receive an email for my booking which had a payment due on June 17, though I did make the payment that morning about 9:30 eastern time.  While my bookings I have with Carnival send me constant reminders to make a payment.  

We had this problem with one MSC cruise (Yacht Club) that we had booked onboard a previous cruise and was never transferred to our regular agent.

We kept getting emails from MSC that appeared to be duplicates, each 7 or 8 pages.

Turns out that on one of them on page 5 or so there was one line that identified the final payment due date, and I missed it.

Called to rebook, and they said that the cabin had been resold, and the ship was sold out.

Our regular agent was somehow able to pick up the cancelled booking and get us back onboard at the original booking price with the OBC, and several days later got us back into the selected cabin.

Don't know how she did it, but we were able to sail where we wanted.

gary

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I didn't receive an email for my booking which had a payment due on June 17, though I did make the payment that morning about 9:30 eastern time.  While my bookings I have with Carnival send me constant reminders to make a payment.  

My booking with carnival is 600 days away and I get payment reminders.but carnival needs every penny they can get with their problems.

Sorry to hear that.  At least you didn’t lose your deposit.  Best practices for me: set a calendar reminder 2 weeks before final payment due, and make the payment then.  Just in case credit card bank doesn’t like a few thousand dollars going to Switzerland.

4 hours ago, gtaylor said:

We had this problem with one MSC cruise (Yacht Club) that we had booked onboard a previous cruise and was never transferred to our regular agent.

We kept getting emails from MSC that appeared to be duplicates, each 7 or 8 pages.

Turns out that on one of them on page 5 or so there was one line that identified the final payment due date, and I missed it.

Called to rebook, and they said that the cabin had been resold, and the ship was sold out.

Our regular agent was somehow able to pick up the cancelled booking and get us back onboard at the original booking price with the OBC, and several days later got us back into the selected cabin.

Don't know how she did it, but we were able to sail where we wanted.

gary

I NEED your TA😀

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

I booked direct from MSC in Sweden and they sent me a reminder a few days before I had to pay. 

Any time I've booked direct thru' the MSC UK office, I've always gotten an email reminder a few days beforehand as well.

We actually got a call from MSC a few days before our final payment date as well as an email. Maybe just a uk thing but I’m finding the customer services are top notch at the mo fingers crossed it continues 🤞

On 6/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, mnocket said:

Kinda bummed😒  I missed my final payment (I know my fault.  Life gets busy and things slip through the cracks).  Got an email today saying my Sep cruise booking was canceled.  Called MSC and they said it was canceled because the final payment date has passed (was 6/14).  Too bad price has gone up (yacht club) and it would cost me $400 more to reinstate the booking plus loss of $50 OBC.  I asked why they don't remind people that final payment date is coming up.  They said they send an email on final payment day and give you 24hrs to call and make payment.  I checked my email and I didn't receive such an email.  I know the ultimate responsibility is mine, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one who failed to get the reminder email?

I got email last year with 24 hour notice . 

How about trying to pay and being told by MSC that they are still working on it??? Payment is due next week.  Won’t be a happy camper if MSC can’t get it together.  I have an invoice but they say they still need to add the military discount—which our invoice includes.  Bizarre that they won’t accept either our invoice or payment.