Bug Spray

dickinson

We are leaving July 5 for a few days in Fairbanks before doing our 6 day land tour and then 7 day cruise.  I hear that mosquitos are an issue.  How much bug spray would you bring for two adults?

I’m in Seward right now and was out at Kenai. The mosquitos were everywhere. I had “Sawyer Products Picaridin Insect Repellant” on and didn’t get a single bite. Goes on non-greasy and lasted over 5 hours on my hikes. Highly recommend. The order I did from Amazon had 2 bottles in it. 

We used an Alaskan made product:

https://www.alpenglowskincare.com/collections/alaskas-best-insect-repellent

I absolutely love this product and recommend it to everyone that asks...I have no affiliation to the product...I am just insanely attractive to biting insects and I truly dislike insect repellant. I worry about the chemicals from typical repellant on my hands, getting on my clothes...I dislike the smell. I don't have any of the worries I normally would with this product. A little goes a long way and it is very effective. The oil base makes it very easy to spread on exposed skin and it is absorbed quickly so that your skin has no residue. You can smell it, but I don't find the smell offensive.