Images of Sabatini's Italian Trattoria dishes?

canadarocks

19 minutes ago, milo696 said:

Can you order more than 1 entree while eating there?  The portions looked rather small. I know I'm not going to 

starve, but was just curious from a first time cruiser point of view

They only let you order one entree, but there are a lot of courses.  I love to eat, and I am always full when I leave. The lobster is not a large portion, but the veal chop is huge.  The pasta course is also very large, and doesn't count as an entree.  

Canada, unfortunately, Barbie did not include a picture of the appetizer from the Trattoria menu--Stuzzichino Della Casa.  The menu description is "warm rustic whole-wheat loaf, tuscan zonzelle with roasted tomato & bell pepper passata, prosciutto crudo, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar." 

I had never heard of zonzelle.  They are deep-fried cheesy dough balls served in that wire cone Barbie shows in post #25 that was used for the calamari in the old menu.

They are amazingly good.  However, I learned that they are gastric grenades.

We visited the Trattoria twice on a Grand Princess cruise.  On our first visit we powered down every one of those wonderful dough balls.  They exploded around the time our entrees arrived.  We felt pretty miserable when we walked out.  The discomfort continued well into the night as we were laying in bed.  On our second visit, we were a bit more strategic.  We each limited ourselves to one of the zonzelles.  It was hard, but it paid off.  We were able to enjoy the rest of our meal and left the room satisfied but comfortable.

14 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I was disappointed with lobster as they called it lobster three ways and the third was supposed to be a bisque which turns out to be that drizzle.   I was also disappointed with the Tiramisu as it was heavy and dense.  Not light and espresso flavored.

14 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I found a couple more from the old menu.  This is the lobster. 

IMG_4527.JPG

Edited by zalusky

17 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I was disappointed with lobster as they called it lobster three ways and the third was supposed to be a bisque which turns out to be that drizzle.   I was also disappointed with the Tiramisu as it was heavy and dense.  Not light and espresso flavored.

Yes, that's why I get the veal chop now.  It was big and perfectly cooked. 

10 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

Yes, that's why I get the veal chop now.  It was big and perfectly cooked. 

My wife got the chop and it was huge.  Next time we are doing the Crown Grill.   I have to say though that I enjoyed the tiramisu martini.

Edited by zalusky
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Myra my wife got the chop and it was huge.  Next time we are doing the Crown Grill.   I have to say though that I enjoyed the tiramisu martini.

Yes, I also love the tiramisu martini.  We will be on the Emerald in November.  I'm hoping I can get one at the Adagio Bar.  🙂  

This is the parpadelle with beef cheeks.  It was the very best thing I ate on the entire 10 day cruise I was on! It is also one of the best things I've ever eaten.  It was just so delicious!  If it is not on the menu when I go back in February I may cry!  LOL

36898437_10215347985348369_5916261645729923072_n.jpg

• Like 1