Curtis Stone SHARE on Crown?

Kingofcool1947

I will be on Crown next month.   Is SHARE on Crown?  I do not see it listed as a specialty restaurant.

Did/do you enjoy the cuisine?

How does the SHARE cuisine compare  to Sabatini’s or Crown Grill?

I like to dine alone because I eat a lot.. 😀

Edited by Kingofcool1947

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I dislike Share and would not go back. Lots of foo foo and small portions . Look at the menu and decide for yourself. 

I see it the same way. Much to expensive for what they offer.

Sabatini's is a much better deal especially when they give you 2 for 1 deal. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I dislike Share and would not go back. Lots of foo foo and small portions . Look at the menu and decide for yourself. 

agree - too too much foo foo .. not enough moo moo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agree - too too much foo foo .. not enough moo moo

Anyone have any foo foo photos?

I was kinda wanting to try next trip on Emerald but foo foo doesn’t excite me. 

17 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I see it the same way. Much to expensive for what they offer.

Sabatini's is a much better deal especially when they give you 2 for 1 deal. 

Re: Sabatini’s.   Can you order all you can eat?   Like order more than one of each course?  

Edited by Kingofcool1947

34 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Re: Sabatini’s.   Can you order all you can eat?   Like order more than one of each course?  

They do charge something like $10 for an additional main course BUT 

they also allow people to order every appetizer on the menu at no additional charge. I suppose there are a few people who could eat 2 main courses in addition to all those appetizers and even though my DH & I can eat quite a bit it was still overwhelming. We went there 2 times on our last B2B & had to back off on ordering all the appetizers the second time. 

By the time the main course was served we had almost had it.  

Someone just posted photo's of the dishes in Sabatini's just today. 

It's funny.  I know I've read multiple posts here on Cruise Critic by people who reported they were stuffed after visiting SHARE.   It is not an all-you-can-eat venue/  You elect one dish for each of six courses.  It may not seem like enough for a self-described "big eater," but in 10, or so, visits to SHARE on the Ruby Princess and the Emerald Princess, I have never left the room unsatisfied--and I am the one who disagrees with those who insist that you get too much food at the Chef's Table or the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

King, my above comment notwithstanding, it is unfortunate that you will not get the opportunity to try SHARE on the your Crown Princess cruise.  In response to another question that you posed, SHARE is superior to Crown Grill and Sabatini's (both the old menu and the new menu).

Regardless, I'm sure that you will have a great cruise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Anyone have any foo foo photos?

I was kinda wanting to try next trip on Emerald but foo foo doesn’t excite me. 

I don't have foo foo photos as th good isn't really foo foo.  Sirloin steak or trout or pasta is foo foo? I guess it is to some people.

The menu is at the website 

We absolutely loved it. It's amo th best meals we've had at sea, rivaled only by Murano on Celebrity.   The 6 courses are very well portioned, and played lovely.  Abd delicious! The green curry pork ravioli in coconut sauce is outstanding. And the lemon poached shrimp - excellent. Duck confit - melt in your mouth. Sirloin steak - tastes like steak. I could go on.. Lol 

We find Sabatini's lackluster and haven't eaten there in several cruises. Crown Grill is still Crown Grill - good, safe, predictable, steakhouse.  

Personally, were discounted it hasn't been expanded to other ships.  Variety is great, same old same old restaurants on every ship gets boring - IMO.. others love the predictability.   To each their own.

13 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

I don't have foo foo photos as th good isn't really foo foo.  Sirloin steak or trout or pasta is foo foo? I guess it is to some people.

We absolutely loved it. It's amo th best meals we've had at sea, rivaled only by Murano on Celebrity.   The 6 courses are very well portioned, and played lovely.  Abd delicious! The green curry pork ravioli in coconut sauce is outstanding. And the lemon poached shrimp - excellent. Duck confit - melt in your mouth. Sirloin steak - tastes like steak. I could go on.. Lol 

We find Sabatini's lackluster and haven't eaten there in several cruises. Crown Grill is still Crown Grill - good, safe, predictable, steakhouse.  

Personally, were discounted it hasn't been expanded to other ships.  Variety is great, same old same old restaurants on every ship gets boring - IMO.. others love the predictability.   To each their own.

What do you mean :  Personally, were discounted it hasn't been expanded to other ships.”

Did you get a 2 for 1 voucher to eat there?  Other promotion?  Where did you get the discount/promotion ?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

46 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

What do you mean :  Personally, were discounted it hasn't been expanded to other ships.”

Did you get a 2 for 1 voucher to eat there?  Other promotion?  Where did you get the discount/promotion ?

Im guessing autocorrect manufactured discounted from disappointed. 

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

OK. You’ve convinced me. 

We’ll give it a go on our upcoming Emerald cruise. Have no plans currently for the other two. 

I've tried the Curtis Stone entrees presented in the DR and if the restaurant is anything similar, it was disappointing, not even considering the amount of food they serve.

We also attended a Curtis Stone walk through when the restaurant was first opening with all the dishes they made were presented on a long table for inspection.

Although some folks rave about it it's just not for us. 

This thread, just like all the previous ones about food on ships, should not be taken seriously.  Every individual has different likes and dislikes so their sincere opinion about food may not match yours.  I know this to be true as my brother-in-law, unlike sane people,  likes brussels sprouts.

5 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

This thread, just like all the previous ones about food on ships, should not be taken seriously.  Every individual has different likes and dislikes so their sincere opinion about food may not match yours.

Couldn’t agree more!! I couldn’t believe all of these negative reviews. We’ve eaten in fine restaurants all around the world. Our experience at SHARE was one of the best meals we’ve ever had on a ship.  It’s not always about quantity!

Share® sucked, although it had been rolled out for only a few weeks when we gave it try.

Tepid, textureless, unremarkable fare. 

1st impressions matter. 

We won't ever return.

Edited by Skai

On 6/25/2019 at 2:53 PM, tillys mom said:

Curtis stone dishes in the dining room are some of my favorites anywhere at sea. 

I feel same as Tullys mom. I’m looking forward trying the actual restaurant.