Sea Day Brunch Questions

thesmiths

What time does it normally open?

We're on an 8 day with 4 sea days,  will there be a brunch on each of those 4 days?

Thought I read somewhere it was not each sea day? It may have been called something else?

Have never been to one and want to make it a point on this cruise.

Can you order Steak?

And Most importantly, can I order an Omelet?

Sunrise 8 day Eastern in September from NYC.

Thank You!

7 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

I'm pretty sure sea day brunch is on all sea days.  I also remember a poster saying it was just a couple times thru their cruise, but I don't think that is typical, unless something has changed fairly recently.  

On a 12- or 14-day Journey's cruise where we had 6 or 7 sea days, we did have a couple of those with the MDR breakfast.  They then had lunch in the MDR with a different menu.  That might be what you were talking about.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

8:30am for sea day brunch

8:00 for port day breakfast

Port day breakfasts vary depending on hours in port.  We've had some start at 7, 7:30, or 8, depending on arrival time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toober said:

That didn't really answer anything. So same menus combined?

Not really.  If you are not familiar with the concept of brunch, think of it as bigger breakfast meals, often combined meals that include aspects of breakfast (eggs) and lunch (steak), and also lunch dishes will be offered, like sandwiches or lighter fare, typically not pizzas or flatbreads.

Here is an example of a Seaday brunch menu (not sure how close to the current menu that is - it looks similar to the menu we had last month on Elation):

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineSeaDayBrunch.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you order multiple things during the Sea Day brunch. I can’t believe that we’ve never been to one before! We are definitely going this cruise. I was thinking we could order and share a few different things, but if we wanted to order anything extra, is it ok?

13 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

Can you order multiple things during the Sea Day brunch. I can’t believe that we’ve never been to one before! We are definitely going this cruise. I was thinking we could order and share a few different things, but if we wanted to order anything extra, is it ok?

Yes

• Like 1

Yes, I am familiar with brunch, which is why I was asking what Carnival does different for it from breakfast/lunch menus. ? What is offered that is different? What is offered that is different from the buffets? (sheesh, like a chore to clarify this)

• Like 1

Prog Rock posted a link to an example, so I guess it's a chore to open links!! 🙂

Just funnin with ya

It sounds like you may have cruised before but did not do brunch. It that is the case, you should already be familiar with the type of things you would get on other menus and buffets. Just open the link and see if it appeals to you. For many of us, the dining room is always better than the buffet but nobody can know what you like.

Edited by amyotravel
wrong reference
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, teknoge3k said:

8:00 for port day breakfast

I think port day breakfast very obviously varies by ship and itinerary. It would be ridiculous if breakfast only opened at a time when much of the ship has already left for their shore excursions.

• Thanks 1

The link from zydeco was the old menu.  Here is a link to a YouTube video discussing the new menu that rolled out last November on the Horizon.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2XCfuMSBs

Here is another link that has  the actual menu listed as well as a written explanation instead of a video.  https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-testing-new-sea-day-brunch-menu/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

just search on the line for pictures of the sea day brunch menu. Lots of them out there. We always manage at least one day having this on each cruise. Variety is the spice of life.

If you have never done the Sea Day Brunch , you should definitely try it.

It is several steps above the buffet for sure, and I like it better than the MDR breakfast.

We missed out on it on our first few Carnival cruises until I read about it here on the forum.

So glad we learned about it as it is a must-do at least once on every cruise for us now.

I especially like the steak and eggs....it’s a tiny filet mignon, but it’s just right for me!

27 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

If you have never done the Sea Day Brunch , you should definitely try it.

It is several steps above the buffet for sure, and I like it better than the MDR breakfast.

Question?

So the MDR breakfast is standard ( Every day) and the Sea Day Brunch is just sea days?

Trying to better understand.

Dress code..Shorts & T's are ok MDR Breakfast and Brunch?

Thank you,

Edited by thesmiths

12 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Question?

So the MDR breakfast is standard ( Every day) and the Sea Day Brunch is just sea days?

Trying to better understand.

Dress code..Shorts & T's are ok MDR Breakfast and Brunch?

Thank you,

I have what I call my breakfast clothes, t-shirt and a pair of pull on pants.  I only have them on for an hour or so. They get me through the week and I wear them to brunch with no problem.